Feral cats ?

• Stanley

We have a lot of feral cats around the neighborhood. I have heard rumors that one neighbor has a female cat they let run wild and when it get pregnant they try giving away the kittens but what people don’t take they let become feral. I usually don’t have an issue with a couple cats running around but they started getting into my boat that’s covered outside in the driveway and while haven’t done any damage yet I now use a live trap to cull the population.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

if they wizz in it you will never want to use the boat again…

robby
    Quad Cities

They do not belong in the timber, or wild lands.

Stanley

if they wizz in it you will never want to use the boat again…

That and using the carpet as a scratching post is my concern

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

5 pages about cats. But not one actual answer of the original legality question !!!!

ganderpike
    Alexandria

I will never concern myself whether whacking Feral Fritz is in or out of bounds. I’d spend more time verifying if you can shoot on your property.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I will never concern myself whether whacking Feral Fritz is in or out of bounds. I’d spend more time verifying if you can shoot on your property.

This has nothing to do with my property.

Stanley

5 pages about cats. But not one actual answer of the original legality question !!!!

Have you tried contacting the DNR or a CO to get their interpretation of the law? I would guess they will be the ones enforcing the law should it come to that

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

Have you tried contacting the DNR or a CO to get their interpretation of the law? I would guess they will be the ones enforcing the law should it come to that

Just the local sheriff who was a ass hat.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Found this

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0634.png

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

This guy showed up a week ago Monday morning. He was in the dump trailer as the cover was being pulled over. My Daughter pulled him out and put him in the shed. He was a day or to from pushin up daisies.
    Looks like a Maine Coon. Weighs about a pound and a half but he’s eating and sleeping well.
    Thinking about calling him Biscuits. I’m also picking up another rescue Chihuahua and calling it….. wait for it …..Gravy.

Attachments:
    1. Stray-scaled.jpg

thalweg87
    Eastern Iowa

You are a good man for giving rescues a new home.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

This guy showed up a week ago Monday morning. He was in the dump trailer as the cover was being pulled over. My Daughter pulled him out and put him in the shed. He was a day or to from pushin up daisies.
    Looks like a Maine Coon. Weighs about a pound and a half but he’s eating and sleeping well.
    Thinking about calling him Biscuits. I’m also picking up another rescue Chihuahua and calling it….. wait for it …..Gravy.

My ex bred mane coons and they brought in some real cash money. But they were the biggest pain in the asses lol. Great cats but definitely big ol needy son of a guns

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Lets hope Biscuits gets along with Gravy.I think the cat will be 4x bigger.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Lucky cat. Glad he was saved. He sure looks happy. Not sure he’s a Maine Coon though. At least not like most I’ve seen.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

LOL!
    The cat has a huge head, long legs and big mitts, tufted ears and I believe will be bigger than Gravy.

Not sure if it is a Coon. Going to take him to the Vet soon. Maybe they can confirm.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Main coon or not he will still be bigger than Gravy.
    I don’t care what people say EP your a helluva nice guy for helping these critters out.
    As far as taking in stray’s be careful,not all are warm and fuzzy and appreciative of your kindness.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

As far as taking in stray’s be careful,not all are warm and fuzzy and appreciative of your kindness.[/quote] i dont know Chuck…..but the Belle is still hanging around the way it sounds!!!! devil rotflol rotflol whistling

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Glenn i said not all and that goes for those with 4 or 2 legs.There are a few that will pay it back many times over.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Glenn i said not all and that goes for those with 4 or 2 legs.There are a few that will pay it back many times over.

waytogo rotflol waytogo

MX1825

EPG depending on the “stray” make sure you’re vaccinated. whistling

jwellsy

Main Coons and Norwegian Forest Cats both have tufts on the ends of their ears. I can’t see that pic very well. But, he looks pretty dark for a regular tabby. I can’t tell if it’s a long or short hair. The stipes on the legs are interesting.

LabDaddy1

Looks like a regular/tabby(?) cat to me. But then again I’m not really a huge cat guy nor an expert… He’s a beauty though for sure.

Any updates, EPG?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

He hit the jackpot!
    He’s been putting on weight and he seems to be very healthy. Next Tuesday he goes into have his manhood cut away.
    He gets along well with the two dogs however he wants to get a piece of a The other cat, if you know what I mean

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1010-scaled.jpeg

Viewing 24 posts - 121 through 144 (of 144 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.