Jerkified

• Anonymous

the first 10 lbs is all hickory seasoned, and is darn good some in the oven & dehydrator

pretty easy I do a dry cure use Hi mountain, cure for 48 hours, and then get jerkified

Kevin J Dobbs
    La Crosse. WI

Is that Venison? Do you like the dehydrater better than oven,I want to try making some Spicy Venison sausage and sticks using Hi mountain this year.YUM

Anonymous

Quote:

Is that Venison? Do you like the dehydrater better than oven,I want to try making some Spicy Venison sausage and sticks using Hi mountain this year.YUM

oh yea it’s venision
    the oven is surely faster but the dehy seems to hold a little more flavor. not much of a difference i guess, just get them both going to speed things up

markkeehn

just finished about 15 pounds myself all pepper!!

Anonymous

Quote:

just finished about 15 pounds myself all pepper!!

yeah pepper’s next!!

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Do you guys know if the High Mountain seasoning has MSG in it? If not, I’d like to try it.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

lick

deano did you eat that whole bambino???

Anonymous

Quote:

well I got a front shoulder and a loin (what I call a loin most call backstraps) left. so almost.

made a nice tenderloin roast with taters, boomers, and country gravy tonight.

taking the quarters in tomorrow for some sticks, sausage and other treats, than I make the rounds to thank the landowners for hunting permission. sure seems to guarantee my access the following year, even if I don’t harvest a deer from their property, a lb of jerky or a bag of sticks, or a summer sausage is always appreciated

lick

Quote:

Quote:

well I got a front shoulder and a loin (what I call a loin most call backstraps) left. so almost.

made a nice tenderloin roast with taters, boomers, and country gravy tonight.

taking the quarters in tomorrow for some sticks, sausage and other treats, than I make the rounds to thank the landowners for hunting permission. sure seems to guarantee my access the following year, even if I don’t harvest a deer from their property, a lb of jerky or a bag of sticks, or a summer sausage is always appreciated

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Ohh yea! I will be jerking out one deer this year for sure!

Quick question, what is the easiest way to cut it up to uniformed slabs?

Jami

Anonymous

Quote:

Jami

Take your knife and debone the quarters, seperate the meat by muscle “roasts” using your knife. Now each muscle is encased in silver skin and separted by tendons.
    The way I do it, i use the best meat. So grab a roast, trim the silver skin best you can. (using flat side of butter knife you can remove easier) some is ok, because it comes off easy after curing) get a good sharp knife, (an 8″ blade works great) then start slicing against the grain of the meat in 3/8″ slices or your desired thickness. than follow curing instructions for thickness of meat, I like hearty cuts and cure for at least 48 hours.

let us know how it goes

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Thanks DeanoB, I was thinking of cheating and taking it to a meat slicer…..

Jami

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Quote:

Jami

Ummmm youre gonna do what now???

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Jami

Ummmm youre gonna do what now???

OUT!! Now you northfiled boys would substitute off for out…

Anonymous

24 lbs curing in the fridge, 5pm tonight is the 48th hour…mixed it up a little, did some Hi mountain cracked pepper, mesquite, original & cajun. this last deer I harvested is going all jerky.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.