A few more salmon recipes…

• whittsend

Cheesy Jalepeno Cream Sauce Salmon

1-2 finely chopped jalepeno peppers (or more to taste)
    2-3 finely chopped cloves of garlic (or more to taste)
    1 Tbs EVOO
    salt and pepper to taste, other spices if desired, but not necessary
    Sour cream
    Heavy cream
    Handful of shredded cheese
    1-2 salmon filets
    Rice

Grill or pan fry salmon filets, preferably boneless and skinless. While grilling salmon, prepare sauce as below:

Add EVOO, jalepeno and garlic to a small saucepan and sautee for roughly 5 minutes, until cooked. Do not let burn.

Mix equal parts heavy cream and sour cream in a small bowl. Add cream mixture to oil/jalepeno/garlic mixture. Heat over medium heat, adding a handful of shredded cheese (shredded pizza or mexican blend works well, however you can experiment or use a favorite local cheese). Heat to melt cheese and to reduce sauce as needed. Sauce will thicken slightly when cooling.

Place salmon on top of a bed of rice, and smother with jalepeno sauce.

Compliment with a side of asparagus (Or Genoa wrapped and grilled asparagus!) and glass of wine.

Second recipe

Smokey maple/soy salmon

100% Pure maple syrup. (“fake” syrup ruins the flavor)
    1-2 finely chopped jalepenos
    soy sauce
    1/2 to 1 teaspoonful liquid smoke
    Brown sugar to help thicken mixture if needed, if desired

Soak cedar plank in water or wine for 24 or more hours. Use an untreated 1x6x12″ cedar plank.

Preheat grill. Use indirect cooking method by heating only one side of the grill. The salmon will cook indirectly on the opposite side of the heat.

Mix equal parts soy sauce and maple syrup in a small saucepan. One half cup of each is generally enough for 3-4 servings. Add chopped jalepenos and reduce until slightly thickened. Addition of brown sugar may help to thicken mixture or add flavor if needed or desired. Mixture will glaze salmon better if it is thicker.

Place salmon on cedar plank, and place plank on grill. Baste salmon with soy/maple syrup mixture while cooking. Continue basting as needed. Use remaining sauce as dipping sauce when salmon is finished cooking.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks for posting these whittsend! I have a lot of salmon in my freezer that I need to eat up and this gives me a reason!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Lots of Salmon in your freezer? BAAAh HUmbug!!!
    I missed the run this year so my family doesnt eat salmon for the next year.

whittsend

Gotta hit it in July/Aug!

We had some great offshore fishing this year. Lots of west winds = lots of salmon up close to shore. Lots of upper teens fish and big steelies, too!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.