All time favorite

• big_g
    Isle, MN

This has to be my favorite. Not really a recipe, but a tradition, when cuttin’ up our spoils.

Take the inside loins of any deer, cut up into butterfly steaks. Do this by cutting into about 2 inch pieces, then cut in the middle almost all the way through, stopping short, then fold the 2 sides opposite each other to make a steak. In a fry skillet, melt a 1/4 stick of real butter, heat to 350′. Place the steaks in the melted butter, cook about 2 minutes on each side, turning once. A sprinkle of salt, out of the pan onto waiting buttered bread… grab your favorite beverage and enjoy !!! I look forward to doing this every year, I have had them after they are frozen, but nothing beats fresh loins

big G My mouth is watering typing this…

deertracker

I kind of do the same thing only cook mine in teryaki. Thanks, now I’m hungry. I was keeping two packages of loins in the freezer for fishing opener but might have to eat them tomorrow.
    DT

MikeReneeHolt

We cook them the same way!! It works great with the regular loins too. We cook them alot in the ice shack since its so easy.

gobbler
    Central, MN

Olive oil for me instead of butter.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks Big G – Very simple but yet one of the most satisfying ways to cook fresh loins! My dad and I do this every time we cut up a deer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.