Where did you fish?

• scottsteil
    Central MN

So, where did you fish for opening day and how was the bite?

Big Pine Lake, MN..the bite was fair in the AM an pretty much dead in the afternoon. Got enough for supper Saturday night.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Fished East side of Mille Lacs. Depths from 12-19 fow, on the rocks. Did very well on the bigger fish, 23-25″, also had 6 in the slot. Fishing was really good saturday night, from 11-2 am.

big g

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Fished Ottertail and the bite was on!!! The best opener in the last 10!

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Lake Alexander. the bite was terrible, and you couldn’t keep the green carp off the line. Even when we decided we should switch to crappie we then got Rock bass Nnot so much as a snack this year. Saw ALOT of muskies though in the shallows one had to be pushing 50″ she breached just as we were loading up the boat at the dock and she swam right up to the dock followed by a nice male too. closest I got to a fish with any type of teeth this weekend

ToddJ

Northwest and East side of Mille Lacs, bobbering fishing was excellent, and so was trolling cranks, lot’s of slot fish 16″-19″, with occasional 24″ to 26″. Shallow 6 Feet or less. Great fishing and good times with the boy’s.

newt
    Pillager, MN

West side of Mille Lacs. Our boat had a limit of eaters in 3 1/2 hours on Saturday morning. Enough for a good fry and a few on Saturday night. Caught a few throw-backers in the 20 – 24 inch range over the 2 days. Afternoons were slow but still productive.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

I fished Clearwater on opener and there was as many boats on the lake as there are fish in the lake..
    The lake was packed and the bite was very very slow.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Scott, was that Big Pine in Finlayson?

centralmneyeguy
    Becker, MN

I fished Pelican near Brainerd with my father and brother and we did well. We fished from 8:30 am to 11:00 am and kept 9 between 14 and 18.5 inches and then decided to go in and fry up our catch!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Tuck, I am pretty sure it was Big Pine in Perham.

I was on the Mississippi, but leaving for Vermilion tomorrow for a long weekend.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Quote:

Tuck, I am pretty sure it was Big Pine in Perham

Yep, in Perham. It is pretty close to our cabin and not near as busy as typical opener lakes, so the family usually starts the MN season off there.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.