Navionics- customer service

• jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I feel like I am beating a dead horse here, but I have to get this off my mind. After many legitimate attemtpts to resolve an issue I have with their product, no one that works for them will answer my question. Through Phone contacts, sales contacts, personal contacts, E-mails, I get no answers. Exasperated and done with them. thanks for listening.

JRH-DTWH

bullcans
    Northfield MN

I agree with you 100%.
    Terrible customer service.

I sent Jeff Brodeur an email with a question back on 1/30 and still haven’t heard back from him or anyone else.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Well, after using their map chips and then using Lake Master chips and also buying their “Platnum” Great Lakes chip too Im not suprised their CS is bad because comparativley their maps are too. _mark

MBroyer
    MA

Hello

Mary-Ellen Broyer from Navionics, could you please give me the opportunity to resolve this issue you are experiencing? I am here to help!

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

Quote:

They forgot the wingdam info on their initial 09 chips, it took them a couple months, but they did get back to me and allowed me to trade my chip in.

I must have purchased one of the early 09 chips. I am finding that some (not all) wingdams are missing for pool 2 and 3 from my chip. How does one know what is ‘missing’ and what isn’t supposed to be on the chip?

MBroyer
    MA

Hello Otis,

As posted earlier some of the wingdams were missed in the initial release of the 09 charts and then were corrected, please follow this link http://www.navionics.com/ReportProblem.asp in order for your issue to be clearly checked and for resolve to be had.

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

Thanks Mary-Ellen! Sent the issue in tonight.

MBroyer
    MA

I will personally review this issue with the National Sales Manager and our Product Manager in order to find you resolve. Thank you for giving me this opportunity!

MBroyer
    MA

I have reviewed your post today with Navionics Sales Manager and have been instructed to obtain your discrepancy report number in order for this matter to be looked into more closely. Could you also provide me with you chart code number? Thank you.

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

DTWH,

I feel your frustration. However many times you discussed this with a sales rep etc. it is apparent that your questions did not make it to the support folks. It would seem that the people you spoke with should have pointed you to the support link rather than telling you that they would get back to you.

I think Mary-Ellen is trying to help you but it would seem that you should log the issue on the official support link and then she can escalate it after you let her know what the issue # is.

I reported my issue and have already received an answer and it is now being corrected. 24 hour fix, once I used the correct process, is pretty darn good in my book

MBroyer
    MA

Sir, I really am attempting to get you resolve but in order for me to do this I need your contact information. I can report this issue with the details you have provided – “A large portion of Lake Vermillion, in Cook MN, that is uncharted on your 2009 premium chip. It is also uncharted on your 2010 premium chip. The entire area between Wakem up bay, and Niles Point is shaded in green with no plot lines. This entire area is charted on the lakemaster chip.”
    Thank you again for giving me the opportunity to find you resolve.

MBroyer
    MA

Hello Otis,

Thanks for taking the time to file your report and thank you for your kind words!

MBroyer
    MA

Your report number is NI.1149.10, filed on 2/22/10.

prairecreekking
    Eastern Iowa

Quote:

I do not have a report #,I went over this with someone on navionics service phone line,and at the Minnesota Sportsmans show in St.Paul,MN just two months ago. There is a large portion of Lake Vermillion,in Cook MN,that is uncharted on your 2009 premium chip.It is also uncharted On your 2010 premium chip.The entire area between Wakem up bay, and Niles Point is shaded in green with no plot lines.This entire area is charted on the lakemaster chip.

Hey …..
    This sounds EXACTLY ike the problem I had, on exactly the same body of water….Lake Vermilion. I had bought an LCX38cHD and a Navionics chip. Most of Lake Vermilion would not come up on the GPS screen. Found out it was the GPS unit’s firmware that needed updating. Once I did this on-line (and it was simple even for a dummy like me) it worked perfectly !
    Make sure your GPS has the absolute latest firmware. (Check it out on Lowrance’s site).

MBroyer
    MA

Hi DTWH,

Unfortunately I have taken ill and have been out of the office. I have filed the report as I stated on 2/22/10, report # NI.1149.10. I will review this with the Cartography Team and our Product Manager upon my return to the office on Monday. Thank you again for allowing me this opportunity.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.