defunding the police force

• Deuces

Would you prefer unhinged? Mentally imbalanced? Abnormal? Maybe its as simple as cowardice?

You have the audacity to write cowardice? jester jester jester jester jester

“Hi, I’m white guy, who doesn’t like how the city is. So I’m gonna take my guns and go shack up in the boonies. Bravery at it’s finest right there.

You know what all these “freaks” did in the inner city this past week? They realized outsiders were coming in and burning their poop down. These “freaks” armed with nothing more than orange vests, flashlights and coffee mugs stood guard all night protecting what they believed in. Libraries, gas stations, restaraunts, coffee shops, bike stores, all guarded with their own lives. Cause they believe in the city, they believe in a better way.

Freak shows they are not, and far from cowards. Only thing we all see cowardly are the people like yourself who can’t handle trying to fix things and just up and move, leaving this void that we now need to fix.

Fish To Escape

“they” dont care about the Constitution. As a document I am quite certain “they” hate it or at the very least have no respect for it.

I’m fully aware of that, But I think if they tried there would be a total collapse of this country and bloodshed like never seen And they would be the Rebels that they use as a platform today.[/quote]

So the rioting last week was thugs and anarchists and the military should have used tremendous force but a theoretical disarming of citizens (which has never been brought up) should cause rioting and bloodshed like we have never seen, got it

Beast

So is it safe to say some of you want to do away with the constitution?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

You know what all these “freaks” did in the inner city this past week? They realized outsiders were coming in and burning their poop down. These “freaks” armed with nothing more than orange vests, flashlights and coffee mugs stood guard all night protecting what they believed in. Libraries, gas stations, restaraunts, coffee shops, bike stores, all guarded with their own lives. Cause they believe in the city, they believe in a better way.

This is so sad to hear. All of them being “outsiders” may not be totally true as quite a few arrest records show addresses in Minnesota. I think they should change the laws here so that these business owners can more vigorously defend their businesses in situations like this. Standing there with a vest on holding a flashlight and a whistle does not necessarily scare off rioters, looters, and arsonists but someone holding a bat, pistol grip shotgun, or AR might make them think twice. And since the police were unable to corral that, if there’s no police force, I’m only imagining what it will be like.

Fish To Escape

I know I don’t. I don’t hear anybody talking about getting rid of it. The only clear violation I have seen is the pepper sprayed peaceful protesters the other day.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>
    Would you prefer unhinged? Mentally imbalanced? Abnormal? Maybe its as simple as cowardice?

“Hi, I’m white guy, who doesn’t like how the city is. So I’m gonna take my guns and go shack up in the boonies. Bravery at it’s finest right there.

Freak shows they are not, and far from cowards. Only thing we all see cowardly are the people like yourself who can’t handle trying to fix things and just up and move, leaving this void that we now need to fix.

Pretty much anything I say triggers you and a few others. Im good with that.

Beast

I know I don’t. I don’t hear anybody talking about getting rid of it. The only clear violation I have seen is the pepper sprayed peaceful protesters the other day.

Not being there myself, were they told to disperse? were they warned what would happen if they didn’t? If they were at what point were they no longer peaceful? there is some point you need to be responsible for yourself.

bigpike

Who wants to be a cop. Over 300 injured cops in N.Y. city as a result of all the wonderful human beings and there “peaceful protest” and 600 of them either put there papers in or are on verge of resigning. Just the beginning….

Reef W

were they told to disperse? were they warned what would happen if they didn’t? If they were at what point were they no longer peaceful?

I wish people worried about the first amendment as much as the second. Is it safe to say you just like guns?

Fish To Escape

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Fish To Escape wrote:</div>

Not being there myself, were they told to disperse? were they warned what would happen if they didn’t? If they were at what point were they no longer peaceful? there is some point you need to be responsible for yourself.

If the constitution says you are allowed to peacefully assemble and protest wouldn’t the government telling them to disperse from a public space before the curfew starts also be a violation of their constitutional rights?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Peaceful? what a joke. The peaceful ones provide cover for the ones destroying property. And since when is blocking roadways considered peaceful? It is not.
    Protesters are encouraged to congregate however all other group activities and shopping is not due to Covid.

Fish To Escape

We are talking specifically about the group pepper sprayed in Lafayette Park, including a couple priests. I don’t think they were starting any fires

Beast

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Beast wrote:</div>
    were they told to disperse? were they warned what would happen if they didn’t? If they were at what point were they no longer peaceful?

I wish people worried about the first amendment as much as the second. Is it safe to say you just like guns?

They go hand in hand, you can’t pick and choose, awhile back I posted that I may not watch football because I thought it was disrespectful to our flag. And got burned and called racist, never once did I say don’t watch football to anyone else, yet many didn’t respect my voice or opinion.Now if you are protesting and the protest is disperse it’s a infringement on the first amendment, how does that work?

Fish To Escape

Free speech can only be infringed upon by the government. If the government breaks up a peaceful protest that isn’t breaking any rules (they may have broken some rules, I haven’t seen anything that said they were) them that is violating the protesters rights.

Free speech doesn’t prevent private citizens from disrespecting other private citizens opinions

Reef W

Now if you are protesting and the protest is disperse it’s a infringement on the first amendment, how does that work?

You can assemble and petition the government until the police say you can’t.

You can bear arms until the police say you can’t.

What’s the difference?

catnip
    south metro

Minneapolis or any large city will never defund,disband or abolish it’s police department. But since what happened in Minneapolis the last couple weeks basically set the entire world on fire its a conversation that needs to be had to pacify the people and give them the illusion that they are listening. Whats the worst that could happen, the hells angels patrol the north side and the black Panthers patrol the south side?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Thank God Prince isn’t alive to see this.

Deuces

hells angels patrol the north side and the black Panthers patrol the south side

This actually happened to some degree last weekend.

Hells angels has a well known spot on Washington Ave N

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>
    So you are saying its not possible to just get rid of the bad ones that are there now ????

Apparently not, look what keeps happening. Do you think that’s just never been tried before?

Do the bad police officers have a tattoo on their forehead that says bad police officer? If not, how are you going to know which ones to hire back and which ones not to? Once again – I don’t know how changing a name and issuing a new contract is going to change the situation. I don’t think that they currently are not allowed to remove a know so call bad police officer. Now have they not done so ?????? That’s a total other issue. I do know if they remove every police office who someone has said treated them unfairly that there most likely would be no officers left.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Now if you are protesting and the protest is disperse it’s a infringement on the first amendment, how does that work?

What’s the difference?

The same people that were telling others to “stay at home in your house, shelter in place” because the governor said so during covid, and your gonna kill grandma…are the same ones who blew off the curfews… and after many warnings, when they got pepper sprayed said “what did we do ?” meh

Fish To Escape

Again, we are talking specifically about the protesters in Lafayette Park that were pepper sprayed before curfew and weren’t rioting

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

Mr. Beads – All I can say is if they remove the police and think they can replace it with citizen patrol’s, there will be FAR move moving from the area, and not just residents. Leaving a far bigger Void that most likely can’t be fixed.

Beast

What’s the difference?

None really, just wanted to point the double standard many have on this site( myself included, I’m near perfect but not totally) It may sound corny, but I still believe in this country, respect, the Constitution.and the full letter of the law..

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Reef – Is this the 1st Amendment you are talking about ” The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prevents the government from making laws which regulate an establishment of religion, prohibit the free exercise of religion, or abridge the freedom of speech, the freedom of the press, the right to peaceably assemble, or the right to petition the government for redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights.

If so I don’t think many here or anyplace else has a problem with it. Its when it changes from the ” Peaceably Assemble ” to the looting and rioting that I believe a lot of people have a problem with.

My biggest problem with “defund the police” is that it is really bad political strategy. Every explanation of it I have heard is that it is a reallocation of funds away from a militarized police force and trying to better address some of the problems that aren’t handled well including homelessness, drug abuse, poverty etc. I have no idea what that means or looks like but I don’t think it means having zero law enforcement. The issue though, is that it has to be explained which makes it a bad slogan. Police reform or something along those lines would be better on a sign or bumper sticker. Unfortunately that is what matters in politics right now. “Defund the police” is way to easy for opponents to jump all over and say “the left wants there to be nobody enforcing laws!!!!!”

See above

Fish To Escape

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Reef Whooligan wrote:</div>

Reef – Is this the 1st Amendment you are talking about ” The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prevents the government from making laws which regulate an establishment of religion, prohibit the free exercise of religion, or abridge the freedom of speech, the freedom of the press, the right to peaceably assemble, or the right to petition the government for redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights.

If so I don’t think many here or anyplace else has a problem with it. Its when it changes from the ” Peaceably Assemble ” to the looting and rioting that I believe a lot of people have a problem with.

Again, talking specifically about the people in lafayette park

big_g
    Isle, MN

Again, we are talking specifically about the protesters in Lafayette Park that were pepper sprayed before curfew and weren’t rioting

My bad, I thought this was about defunding the MPD… not DC.

Fish To Escape

My bad, I thought this was about defunding the MPD… not DC.

Then it became about them taking our guns and the constitution. I would think that allowed me to bring up something that happened in DC?

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I don’t get the argument here…what could possible go wrong? You’re more likely to get shot by the responding police officer then the person robbing you at gun point…or so a council woman says…

Beast

delete, not my dog in fight.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.