The buck of my lifetime

• zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

That is an amazing story and an amazing deer, WELL DONE

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

AWASOME deer..my heart is still bounding after reading your story…great job ..Jay

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

AWASOME deer..my heart is still bounding after reading your story…great job ..Jay

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Ah, he’s OK. But I think you can find a bigger one over there. Congrats buddy!!!! Let’s get a mule deer bigger than that next fall!!! Can’t wait to come see the mount. Party at Brad’s!!!!!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Ah, he’s OK. But I think you can find a bigger one over there. Congrats buddy!!!! Let’s get a mule deer bigger than that next fall!!! Can’t wait to come see the mount. Party at Brad’s!!!!!

prieser
    Byron, MN

WOW, WOW, WOW.

prieser
    Byron, MN

WOW, WOW, WOW.

blush
    Maple Grove, Minnesota

Congratulations HONEY!!! The thing I love and admire about you the most is your passion and your desire to pass that passion on to others. As I have said many times, relationships are built on shared experiences. I am so happy I was there on Thursday night with you in Wisconsin when you were finished with your hunt and could share in the celebration. It is the only place I would have ever wanted to be!

blush
    Maple Grove, Minnesota

Congratulations HONEY!!! The thing I love and admire about you the most is your passion and your desire to pass that passion on to others. As I have said many times, relationships are built on shared experiences. I am so happy I was there on Thursday night with you in Wisconsin when you were finished with your hunt and could share in the celebration. It is the only place I would have ever wanted to be!

alkfish
    St Paul MN

Great deer,great story,great pictures!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing it all with us Well done sir

alkfish
    St Paul MN

Great deer,great story,great pictures!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing it all with us Well done sir

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

Great read Brad and a fantastic deer.

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

Great read Brad and a fantastic deer.

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Fantastic deer! Thanks!

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Fantastic deer! Thanks!

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Awesome deer and story.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Awesome deer and story.

yodeldog
    Farmville, MN

Congrats and great detailed story. You the man!

yodeldog
    Farmville, MN

Congrats and great detailed story. You the man!

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

awesome story ! great buck

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

awesome story ! great buck

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

CONGRATS!!!
    A buck of 10 life times!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

CONGRATS!!!
    A buck of 10 life times!!!!!!!!!!!!

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Congrats to you on a great trophy. Hard work does pay off.

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Congrats to you on a great trophy. Hard work does pay off.

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

Holy SMIT… You write a great story and I enjoyed every minute of it. I hope to shoot a deer HALF that size someday.

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

Holy SMIT… You write a great story and I enjoyed every minute of it. I hope to shoot a deer HALF that size someday.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Holy Schmidt! Great deer, great story, great passion and respect for the game. Congratulations Brad

Jami

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Holy Schmidt! Great deer, great story, great passion and respect for the game. Congratulations Brad

Jami

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I would like to thank everyone for so many wonderful responses. It truly adds a lot to this overall experience.

Needless to say, I’ve been on cloud nine since I pulled the trigger on my release. The best part is that it has rekindled so many relationships with old friends and family members. It’s funny how a single deer can accomplish such an amazing feat.

Many of you asked what he is going to score: Most likely he will gross in the low 150’s.

I received an email from a friend of mine that really touched me as well. I would like to share it with you:

“You prove the point that the hunt is all about appreciating the process. I have often thought it would be great to be able to “hunt and release,” just as we do in fishing. Unfortunately, there is no equivalent in hunting when finally bagging a trophy. I especially relate to your comment about paying respect to the buck which was your quarry, your adversary if you will. To me, that is the recognition that Mother Nature has established a balance which includes humans. There is no simple matter of living, aging and becoming the master of your world. That buck became what he was because there was something more special about him. He had eluded hunters previously because other hunters were not quite worthy enough to find and overcome him.”

After I read this, I broke down and cried once again.

And lastly, I received “the best congratulations” from my son who is 8 years old. He drew his daddy in a tree stand shooting “the wide one” and gave it to me so I could remember him.

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 131 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.