cranking battery recommendations

• eyeguy507
    SE MN

since i seen a deep cycle thread, i figured i would try a similar one. i may be on borrowed time with my cranking battery so what are you guys running in your boat? of course i would like to get the biggest i can and not concerned too much on cost, just want reliability and reserve power. can i use the biggest deep cycle i can find or should i stick with a cranking? i just replaced my 24 volt trolling last fall so just need one to turn my 150 over and run one or 2 graphs while i fish. there are so may options with cranking, dual purpose, etc. would one of those spendy Odyssey be worth it for cranking/electronics?

MX1825

I run a group 31 AGM dual purpose with no problems.

Iowaboy1

eyeguy507, what motor are you running on your rig??

eyeguy507
    SE MN

eyeguy507, what motor are you running on your rig??

it’s just a Yamaha F150. i am almost tempted to replace with my current interstate cranking with the same but just wanted to see if there are better options with the battery technology these days.

Iowaboy1

IF you are running electronics with gps,/livewell,stereo on that battery bigger is better,
    Grp 29 or 31, AGM would be my go to or a pair of lead acid either in Napa or Deka, same thing, different badge.
    HOWEVER, make sure that your yammie will charge the AGM without burning out the stator or alternator, that should be in your owners manual, if its not,play it safe with lead acid batteries.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

AGM I have tried others and these by far are the best

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.