Car dollys moving boat in shed

• fishspike

Any of you guys use car dollies to move your boat around? We put up a shed and will finish off the inside this winter. Need to move boat from side to middle a couple of times. Boat is a 619 with a tandem trailer. I am guessing 5’dollies

Thnanks

Fishspike

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Weigh your boat, not estimate or go by factory… find a truck scale.
    I’ve had friends crush dollys by underestimating.

CBMN
    North Metro

I use 2 to move my 3000 lb (ballpark) pro V with a single axle trailer. I have also blown the casters out on one getting the tire too close to the edge of the dolly so I could get the wheel closer to the wall.

Might need to do some research on your weight (as mentioned above) and look into weight ratings of dollys available

404 ERROR
    MN

I use 2 car dollys to turn my duck boat sideways along the back wall of my garage. My boat probably weighs 1/4 as much, so I would do what Mark suggests and weigh it and buy the proper dollys. They work great though!

I’ve got some for my snowmobile and have been thinking about getting them for my ATV’s and portable ice houses also. Makes things a lot easier to move around when you’re limited on space.

fishspike

Thanks for replies. Found some good up to 6000 lbs. still going to weigh boat

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.