Canada border closure extended

• Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

You need the passport to get back in the US.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Passports are cheap and last 10 years. I don’t understand why anybody wouldn’t get one.

OG Net_Man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>supercat wrote:</div>
    I guess more Salmon fishing this year.

I realize that a lot of people have a tradition of going to Canada for an annual trip, but there are lots of other options available right here in Minnesota or other neighboring state to scratch that itch. It requires less travel time and will cost you less too. Make memories right here.

You are correct there are other fishing opportunities closer, but they cant match Canada for the #’s of fish or the size of fish. 21-25″ <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleyes almost as fast as you want to catch them. Pike over 40″ ( Near 50 in our boat on our last trip ) and then add in the lake trout. All on lakes that you will hardly see another fishermen. Just can’t match that anyplace else. We are replacing our spring Canada Trip with a trip to Fort Peck. Its not going to be Canada but I’m still looking forward to it. The lake trout fishing may even be better than our canada trip. Throw in decent <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>Pike and <em class=”ido-tag-em”>walleyes with some SM bass as well and it should be a fun trip. Like I said, I’m still holding on hope for the Mid Sept. canada trip. I think if Canada can pick up the pace on Vaccinations and the US visitor can prove they have been vaccinated things may be different by late summer or early fall.

Fishing Canada can be great but it does very quite a bit. You are not describing the type of fishing at a drive to resort. And this would be exceptionally well for a typical fly in trip. This sounds more like a premium fly in trip which is not cheap.

I am curious on where in Canada you are experiencing this. Care to share?

bigpike

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>supercat wrote:</div>
    I guess more Salmon fishing this year.

I realize that a lot of people have a tradition of going to Canada for an annual trip, but there are lots of other options available right here in Minnesota or other neighboring state to scratch that itch. It requires less travel time and will cost you less too. Make memories right here.

You are correct there are other fishing opportunities closer, but they cant match Canada for the #’s of fish or the size of fish. 21-25″ <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleyes almost as fast as you want to catch them. Pike over 40″ ( Near 50 in our boat on our last trip ) and then add in the lake trout. All on lakes that you will hardly see another fishermen. Just can’t match that anyplace else. We are replacing our spring Canada Trip with a trip to Fort Peck. Its not going to be Canada but I’m still looking forward to it. The lake trout fishing may even be better than our canada trip. Throw in decent <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>Pike and <em class=”ido-tag-em”>walleyes with some SM bass as well and it should be a fun trip. Like I said, I’m still holding on hope for the Mid Sept. canada trip. I think if Canada can pick up the pace on Vaccinations and the US visitor can prove they have been vaccinated things may be different by late summer or early fall.

Fishing Canada can be great but it does very quite a bit. You are not describing the type of fishing at a drive to resort. And this would be exceptionally well for a typical fly in trip. This sounds more like a premium fly in trip which is not cheap.

I am curious on where in Canada you are experiencing this. Care to share?

Lake Nipigon for me. Cost about 20 dollars a day. I catch many northern over 20 lbs. Many pushing 30. Lakers up to 40# many over 20. Walleye – well our best days are 100+ fish with average size in the 20s with a chance at 30-35″ pigs. Oh yeah – brookys pushing 25″
    Drive my boat and go.
    Well atleast back when freedom allowed me to. Those freedoms have been taken away.
    Now I do drive my boat 40 miles in to get to the best spots. I also been fishing it for 25 years so the learning curve has been beaten. But its there if you want it.
    Stay off my lake Lol!

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Not trying to argue the point but you do not need a passport to return to the US only a birth certificate and drivers license. A passport is 100$ and if you don’t fly why would you spend the money

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Steve Hix wrote:</div>

Not trying to argue the point but you do not need a passport to return to the US only a birth certificate and drivers license. A passport is 100$ and if you don’t fly why would you spend the money

Just renewed my passport last week. $160.00

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Passports are cheap and last 10 years. I don’t understand why anybody wouldn’t get one.

so if i am understanding this conversation correctly………if you get a passport, you dont need the real ID????

WHEN my wife tried getting the real ID she needed to hunt down her former marriage license..well she still hasnt recieved them. doah doah

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

so if i am understanding this conversation correctly………if you get a passport, you dont need the real ID????

WHEN my wife tried getting the real ID she needed to hunt down her former marriage license..well she still hasnt recieved them. doah doah

Real/enhanced IDs are acceptable to travel by land or sea to Mexico and Canada. You still need a passport to travel there by plane.

The ID/paperwork requirements to get a real or enhanced ID are the same as acquiring a pass port, but cost significantly less. They are $35 compared to a passport which is $160.

tswoboda

Real/enhanced IDs are acceptable to travel be land or sea to Mexico and Canada. You still need a passport to travel there by plane.

The ID/paperwork requirements to get a real or enhanced ID are the same as acquiring a pass port, but cost significantly less. They are $35 compared to a passport which is $160.

Your post makes it seem like real ID and enhanced DL are the same thing. They are not.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Steve Hix wrote:</div>

Right off the U.S. Customs page.

U.S. Citizens – Documents needed to enter the United States and/or to travel Internationally.

What documents, identification, and paperwork does a U.S. citizen need to travel internationally and/or into the United States?
    Oct 1, 2020•Knowledge
    Title
    Provide a short description of the article. The title appears in the article and in search results.
    U.S. Citizens – Documents needed to enter the United States and/or to travel Internationally.
    URL Name
    Article-3618
    Content

If you are a U.S. citizen planning to travel abroad, you must comply with the document requirements for that country. The Department of State (DOS) provides information on Travel Documents and Authentic Certificate Requirements. Also, several U.S. Embassies and Consulates provide information to assist applicants in collecting the documentation needed. For a list of Embassies, please visit US Embassy.gov

All U.S. citizens traveling internationally by air are required to present a valid U.S. passport to board a flight to the United States.

If you are traveling in the Western Hemisphere( Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central and South America):

Air Travel: All U.S. citizens departing from or entering the United States from within the Western Hemisphere by air are required to present a valid U.S. passport or a NEXUS card (if utilizing a NEXUS kiosk when departing from a designated Canadian airport). Merchant Mariner Document (for U.S. citizens on official maritime business.) U.S. Military identification card when traveling on official orders: Children are also required to present their own passport when traveling by air.

Land or Sea Travel: U.S. citizens entering the United States by land or sea are required to present a valid WHTI-compliant document, which include:

– U.S. Passports

– U.S. Passport Cards

– Enhanced Driver’s Licenses

– Enhanced Tribal Card (ETC)

– Trusted Traveler Cards (Global Entry*, NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST

– Military Identification Cards (for members of the U.S. armed official maritime business)

* The Global Entry (GE) card is only an ENTRY document and may not be used to enter Canada, Mexico or Adjacent Island.

Military personnel traveling under orders may present photo ID and orders. Family members must present a passport (with the exception of children 15 and younger arriving by land or sea.)

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Your post makes it seem like real ID and enhanced DL are the same thing. They are not.

Sorry that’s not what I meant. An enhanced ID qualifies as a real ID. A real ID will not get you across the border into Canada by land or sea while an enhanced ID will.

Everyone is eventually going to need a real ID to travel by air domestically. Unless they want to carry their passport everywhere.

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.