Cabelas

• Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

They also need to hire more people to service the gun sales area. Not waiting an hour to simply have someone pull a handgun out to take a look at. smash

-J.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Cabela’s in Rogers used to be great — great inventory and selection of sporting goods — but it has turned into a clothing store.

This is the exact thing that brought Gander Mountain down. I can’t believe BPS / Cabela’s is following down the same path. flame

Dan
    Southeast MN

They also need to hire more people to service the gun sales area. Not waiting an hour to simply have someone pull a handgun out to take a look at.

I’ve had a similar experience at Gander Mountain when it was in Rochester. It seems to me that the firearms areas just aren’t equipped like they should be because maybe they treat them like any other department. It’s one thing to ask someone to unlock a case to see some bino’s or to ask a question about an ice fishing flasher, but looking at firearms takes a lot of time and there’s a lot to consider.

Sidenote: I wish places would establish a “downrange” area so if people are going to look at optics or get the feel of a weapon they can all point their muzzle the same direction and not all over the store.

Buffalo Fishhead

It has probably been this way for a while, but I noticed the other day the format of Cabela’s web page is the same format as the Bass Pro web page. To make them identical all they would have to do is replace the Cabela’s name with Bass Pro.

I actually liked the old Cabela’s format better, seemed to be easier to find thins.

Buffalo Fishhead

monkeymaster

I understand being out a stock.
    I can even understand, somehow the computer system can’t keep up with online purchases, and having an item getting oversold.
    What I can’t understand, is no heads up from them, that the item is not available and you wont be receiving it.
    They have my e mail. I get almost daily sale pitches.
    The have two phone numbers, one they can even text me with.

Again nothing, I could have waited 2 weeks, if it wasn’t for their 2 day shipping pitch, i would not have even called to check on it, 3 days later.

Just want decent customer service.
    Just want common sense.
    Were out, sorry.
    Simple

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I’m guessing they are moving to a model like Amazon where you place an order and the product is shipped from a third party. They hold as little inventory as possible and still get a cut.

-J.

travelNFish
    Nebraska

I gave up on them several years ago after receiving products that were previously made in the USA, only to read the tags, and notice a definite reduction in quality. Bass Pro Redhead stuff still seems pretty good on some of my favorite items, so i still use them, but never again Cabelas. Scheels gets 90% of my money.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

I too have given up on Cabelas. Man, I used to love going there. But I have not and will not give up on Fleet Farm. Its been too good for too long, that COVID bitch is to blame right now.

Love me some Scheels and FF! I’ll give a shout to Runnings in New Ulm too. I run there at lunch time and I usually walk out with something I need (fishing related).

fargotridad

Scheels will match any price on anything…Best customer service in any industry. a business to model after. Reeds is also a great family ran business.

greig john
    Inactive
    Minnesota

All right, I’ll provide one positive to offset all the negative.

I ordered a fishing rod from Cabelas a while back.
    FedEx delivered my fishing rod in the tube, but neglected to cut the shrink wrap from the bundle it was in and so left like 12 tubes on my doorstep. My rod, plus 11 other orders for different customers around the country.
    I called FedEx and got nowhere.
    I called Cabelas and they also got nowhere with FedEx. I eventually dropped the other rods off at a FedEx location, and a short while later I had a Thank You note and a pretty decent Gift Card show up in the mailbox.

So, they may be far from perfect, but they get it right once in a while.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.