bird feeding

• 3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I’m getting way too many house finches. Must be a sign that I just got my order of pellets friday.

Gregg Gunter

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gregg Gunter wrote:</div>
    I heard the chickadees spring song yesterday. My favorite

Just the thought of that sound takes me to the exact same spot in my childhood every time. My Dad’s opening day trout fishing spot in Michigan.

That’s great. I think of walleye opener on Sagatagan.

Gregg Gunter

I heard a robin yesterday on March 1st. I love March, it’s meteorological spring and the birds are singing and flowers will start poking up. I even like a March blizzard with the snow as white as can be in the strong sun.
    It melts fast and seems to wash away the salt and sand. The days keep getting longer and the month goes by fast. Time to pull the boat out of the back corner.

Jimmy Jones

I heard a robin yesterday on March 1st.

When I dropped Ma off in Centerville on Thursday morning I saw robins on a lawn. Here in Rochester robins have hung around all winter. A week ago maybe a hundred of them laid seige to the crabapple trees along the street and stripped every apple that was hanging. Winter robins here have been pretty common for the last ten or so years.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

no robins this far north that i’ve seen yet.

i brought out the bird bath and filled it, also put my seed cathcer nets on my 2 big sunflower feeders….that’ll bring cold and snow for sure!!! doah

starting to see more birds mostly repolls!!!!

Gregg Gunter

I expected to see robins this winter and didn’t. Maybe it was too warm!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

well..i’ll be..just had 3 robins in the back yard!!!!!

but it aint spring till is see loons and blue herons!!!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Robins are not in my hood all year. They leave later in the summer after final nesting until spring. Just got our first one a couple days ago. Setting up territory for nesting I presume. We have a big crabapple that will tide them over until the worms and bugs start flowing.

ThunderLund78

Haven’t seen one yet but my mom had robins in her yard this morning. Not seeing too many spring migrators at my feeder yet, but I imagine it will be soon.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

We have robins year round, but I have definitely seen more lately.

Better put out those hummingbird feeders soon! rotflol

Jimmy Jones

We have an American Bittersweet vine growing up our oak tree next to the park land and just now there were four or five Cedar Waxwings out there chowing down on what’s left of the berries on the vines. seems early for the Waxwings but then everything is out of wack this year so far.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i would say its out of wack!!!!! whistling i put out my cement bird bath few days ago…..this morning the bowl was laying on the ground!!! doah

bigfoot maybe!!!!!! smash whistling

Jimmy Jones

Red Winged Black Birds are all over the place this morning. Not here yesterday. And yesterday while fishing we got to listen to Sandhills singing up a racket.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

The house finches have become pretty scarce the last week, just when I was ready to site in my pellet rifle. I have to get those things thinned out before the purples starts showing up and I can’t tell the difference. They look a lot alike.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

put the oriole and hummingbird feeders out yesterday.

earlier this week finally seen my first doves, and this morning i have yellow finches on the feeders!!!!! peace

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

put the oriole and hummingbird feeders out yesterday.

earlier this week finally seen my first doves, and this morning i have yellow finches on the feeders!!!!! peace

I have had doves and Yellow Finches out at my feeders for a few weeks already. Going to get some grape Jelly out in hopes of getting some Orioles this year. Had a few last year but only for a real short time

glenn57
    cold spring mn

the grape jelly attracts a wide variety of birds…robins havent seem to have found it yet!!!!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

the grape jelly attracts a wide variety of birds…robins havent seem to have found it yet!!!!

I/m going to also add a prong to the side of the feeder to add a 1/2 a orange

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Im lucky with Orioles. Our cabin is on nesting ground zero and we see/hear them constantly for a couple months. I dont even put out food in the summer except the hummingbird feeder. Those are pretty thick up north just about everywhere.
    I would really like to get a tanager or a bunting to nest in my yard so I can see them a lot for a change.

Viewing 19 posts - 181 through 199 (of 199 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.