2 Jigs,One Line?

• walleyes4me
    Iowa

I’m going to fish Big Creek and I’ve heard that tying two jigs on your line really catches crappies? Can anyone suggest the ytpe of jigs to use and the proper way and place to tie them.

Thanks!!

Joe

JKwildhunting
    somewhere lost in Iowa

I just read a magazine
    Do you put a lure on like a rapala or something then tie a jig on the back
    I am also wondering
    jk

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Use anytype of jigs you’d use regularly for crappies, flu-flus, small grubs, twister tails, tie on the first one with about 2ft of extra line on the tag end. then tie on a little bit heavier jig on the end, or bottom. do check your state regs, this would not be a legal method in MN for inland waters, but might be legal in other states, it is legal in the MissR. pool 4, but you would be limited to the one pole as there are 2 lures on it. you couldn’t fish a second rod. Jack.

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

I used to fish crappie at Big Creek all the time that way. What work the best for my was (2) 1/32 oz lead heads with (2) tube jigs (blue&white and yellow&white were good) on them about a foot 18 inches apart. I would tip them each with a small crappie minnow and drift when the wind wasn’t to strong or troll real slow. That was before they lowered the lake down a few yrs. ago and added alot of structure. Always had good luck drifting or trolling from the beach point south.

Good Luck Todd.

walleyes4me
    Iowa

Where do you hook a minnow when tipping a jig?

zamer
    Grimes, Iowa

I use (2) 1/16″ oz round head jigs with barbs and tip them with 1 1/2″ twister tails. Any color will work as long as it is chartruese. The way you tie the jigs on your line is very important as you want the top jig to be able to swim naturally. When tying on the top jig, thread the line through the eye of the jig and have a tag end of about 12-16″. Grasp both of the lines in your fingers about 3 inches above the jig. Now take the jig and wrap the line around your two fingers and insert the jig twice through the loop that you have formed. This will allow the jig to hang from the line and swim naturally. Tie the lower jig on as your would if you were using just one.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.