Big Creek Crappies & Walleyes

• zamer
    Grimes, Iowa

Hit the lake Sunday morning with my son Andrew and his buddy Charlie. Fished a number of spots (shallow) and did not have much luck with the crappies. We moved to deeper water and started catching the crappies about 8′ down in 20 to 25 feet of water. We caught about 30-40 with 10 good keepers. We caught a few on minnow/bobber but most of the bigger fish were caught on jigs with 1 1/2″ chartruese sparkle twisters. The water temp is about 60 degrees so things are starting to go. Get out on the lake and give the crappies a try. We did catch a number of walleyes in the 13-15 inch range in 12-15 feet of water with a jig tipped with a minnow.

JKwildhunting
    somewhere lost in Iowa

Hey Zamer,
    Do you have a red boat i think it was a lund?
    I was out shore fishing Sunday morning too i was by the cove straight across from the handicapt fishing pier.
    We only caught one small Crappie that i caught and caught nothing earlier in the morning.
    Good job tho ZAMER!!!!!!!!!

zamer
    Grimes, Iowa

You got it. A red Lund with “In-depthangling.com” on the side. Hope to see you on the lake.

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

Two weeks ago I was marking bunches of fish North of the boat ramp that’s across from the handicapped dock. I sat there for a few hours and caught one small channel. Marked bunches of fish in front of the dock also but couldn’t buy a bite there. Hello from Ankeny.

JKwildhunting
    somewhere lost in Iowa

Yeap that must have been you crappie fishing then fishing with the two lures i was the on the shore i was the one who caught the crappie. Look like you son and his friend were having fun thats a good thing we need more kids fishing and hunting these days!
    JK

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.