Big 'ol Canadian Crappies!

• Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

Day 1 up on Flag Island Resort brought us many Walleye, Sauger and Perch on the Minnesota side of Lake of the Woods. Day 2 however we went into the Canadian water to fish an area that has Walleye, Perch, Sauger and some REALLY BIG Crappies! This plan and location did not disappoint – I won’t be forgetting this day on the ice!

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

Nice video Mitch. I watched Day 1 and Day 2. Will look for day 3.
    We were just up there mid January and went out of Sunset Lodge. Day 1 we fished in the US side for walleyes and Day 2 on Canada side for crappies. Those crappies in that area are huge. We caught several that went 14″-14 1/2″ and don’t think there were any under 11″. It’s an amazing fishery.

KP
    Hudson, WI

X2 on the nice video. After watching that I now want to plan a trip out of Flag Island Resort.

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

We were just up there mid January and went out of Sunset Lodge. Day 1 we fished in the US side for walleyes and Day 2 on Canada side for crappies. Those crappies in that area are huge. We caught several that went 14″-14 1/2″ and don’t think there were any under 11″. It’s an amazing fishery.

I definitely want to get back up to the NW Angle next winter. It’d love to get up there during the open water season! I can imagine how scenic and quiet it is.

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bneal wrote:</div>

I definitely want to get back up to the NW Angle next winter. It’d love to get up there during the open water season! I can imagine how scenic and quiet it is.

How much money were you paid to babysit Kook?

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mitch Bradshaw wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bneal wrote:</div>

How much money were you paid to babysit Kook?

All the Labatt’s a guy could drink… haha

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

I’m definitely going back to NW Angle next winter. Watching those 12″-14″ slab crappies come out of the hole made the trip.
    The walleyes were good too…nice eaters but we didn’t hit any big ones.
    I’ve been on LOTW open water 3-4 times but never in the Angle. That is now on my list too.
    Found that dead stick rod holder on line and ordered it!

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

I’m definitely going back to NW Angle next winter. Watching those 12″-14″ slab <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>crappies come out of the hole made the trip.
    The <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleyes were good too…nice eaters but we didn’t hit any big ones.
    I’ve been on LOTW open water 3-4 times but never in the Angle. That is now on my list too.
    Found that dead stick rod holder on line and ordered it!

I hear ya! Awesome man! I think you will like it.

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

That’s some crazy crappie fishing there. That would be a blast on open water. How deep was it there?

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

We were fishing about 30 feet deep up the NW Angle out of Sunset Lodge.

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

That’s some crazy crappie fishing there. That would be a blast on open water. How deep was it there?

We fished 2 spots for Crappies up there during this trip and they were both 29-31fow. I just uploaded the final video from this trip.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.