Best place to buy a flat of crawlers?

• arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Where is the best place to get a flat of crawlers from? I am in the Hudson, WI area. I am looking to buy some for a trip in the middle of August. Online or local, either is fine with me.

sharptailer
    IGH, MN

Blue Ribbon in Oakdale have flats and 1/2 flats

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I’ve bought them from Blue Ribbon in the past. I think Fleet Farm also sells bags of 250 crawlers too.

404 ERROR
    MN

Breakwall in Lake City can set you up if you’re ever down that way. Just be sure to call ahead.

slawrenz
    Twin Cities

If you are headed north on i35 for your trip I highly recommend Fish Lake Bait. Right off the highway at the Harris exit. If you are going to Canada remember to get it packed in paper. Dirt pack is not allowed.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Thanks for all the ideas. I will check them out.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

The key word here is “Best”! Don’t think Blue ribbon sell true flats. And I have personally had terrible luck with Fish Lake Bait in Harris. Dead or frozen crawlers or terribly short on the counts.

The absolute “best” flats I have purchased have been from Vados.

Good luck!

-J.

CaptainMusky

We’ve had great luck with vados over the last several years in prep for our Canada trip too. They are lively and big with the occasional smaller crawler mixed in. Definitely high quality.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Thanks Jon. I will check Vados first.

Johnie Birkel
    South metro

I have stopped at fish lake bait the last few years on the way to Canada. I have had good luck with the crawlers, but was NOT impressed when I noticed the top 1/3 was “bedding” and the bottom was dirt. These were “Canadian” ready buckets of 12 doz. I’m not fully up on the rules, but I believe they need to be completely out of dirt to cross the border.
    Next year I’m going to do my business somewhere else.

CaptainMusky

I have stopped at fish lake bait the last few years on the way to Canada. I have had good luck with the crawlers, but was NOT impressed when I noticed the top 1/3 was “bedding” and the bottom was dirt. These were “Canadian” ready buckets of 12 doz. I’m not fully up on the rules, but I believe they need to be completely out of dirt to cross the border.
    Next year I’m going to do my business somewhere else.

Nope, that is NOT Canada ready. No dirt whatsoever!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.