Topographic Maps

• skeets
    Apple Valley,MN

In the past I have only been able to get topo maps for the river from the Corp of Engineers. I know that someone else has had to come up with some maps that offer more detailed descriptions of the river.
    Basically I need to find a topo of the Lacross area and don’t like the one the core of engineers has. Anyone know of anybody else who makes river topo maps???
    Thanks

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

You talking topo with depths on them? I will post later some good maps that somebody posted on here awhile back, but no depth- they have the type of weeds present on them.

jhall
    Lake City, MN

I dont think your going to find anything with depth, just because by the time they got it made and printed it would be wrong. Things just change too fast in our river system, thats why there is no sustitute for time on the water. The map from the corp. is the best one out there.

JHall

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

yep, thats the site i was talking about reel guy- these are nice maps! Combine them with the coe maps and you can glean a lot of info and some honey holes. One problem- as J Hall alluded to the ever-changing river can make a great looking spot inaccessible (sp?) or at least take a long time to get into, so exploring (imo) seems almost more important on the river than when learning a lake.

skeets
    Apple Valley,MN

Thanks Gentleman I will be sure to check that out!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.