Baffin Titans OR Muck Arctics

• crappieguy

This worked for gloves, got me landed on some decent choppers. So now I’m going to try it with boots! There’s another boot thread a few posts below this one, but I promise to be super specific.

I have some Alpha Ice Kings, and they are awesome. But it takes me a half hour to put on! Looking for a comparable boot in warmth but something easier to put on and take off, and maybe a little more water proof. So it comes down to this:

Muck Arctic Sport Mids on sale for a little over $100
    or
    Baffin Titans on sale for $64

Not interested in any other boot, just these two. Have at it!

(Sorry if I shouldn’t have posted the prices, but both are substantial savings!)

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I took advantage of that Baffin Deal last week and im waiting for them to come in the mail. I cant tell you whether they are good or not but I spend a fair amount of time researching fishing related items online and I have seen them come up quite a few times when people are talking about the best ice fishing boots available. If I were you I would jump on that deal as you well know its a great price. Good Luck

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

Couldn’t find for that price where did you see these? Thanks!

jarrod holbrook

I use the arctics… no complaints. The best tip I have is to get a scrap of 3/4″ foam board under your feet. I know you said only those two, but my next pair will be bogs. FWIW our sams club has muck arctics for $95.

crappieguy

I wasn’t aware of a particular baffin deal! This was just amazon’s price for my sized boot.

The Titan’s are a full sized boot though aren’t they, covering up part of the calf? I might like the mid sized better. And those Bogs look pretty sweet!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I wasn’t aware of a particular baffin deal! This was just amazon’s price for my sized boot.

Baffin Titans are normally around $140 so yeah $64 is a steal

Kyle Wills

Crappie55369,

Where was or is this deal located. That’s a heck of a price for the Titans!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

crappieguy mentioned the place in the comment above. its only for specific sizes. when I got them they had size 12 on sale so I got lucky in that that was the size I needed

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Just a comment on size. I wear size 12. Thought the size 12 Muck Artics fit a little tight. Size 13 was perfect. Might want to go try on a pair before ordering on-line.

-J.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Just a comment on size. I wear size 12. Thought the size 12 Muck Artics fit a little tight. Size 13 was perfect. Might want to go try on a pair before ordering on-line.

-J.

Ditto. I had to return my 12’s for 13’s. Now they fit with one pair of heavy socks. No lighter socks underneath.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Yeah for those interested in the baffins I read the same about their boot. I wear a size 10.5 wide. I ordered 12 cause that’s what was on deep discount and they don’t have half sizes.

crappieguy

The one thing holding me back in the height vs the two. The Baffins are taller which at first glance doesn’t seem to be as comfortable? I also kind of the like the neoprene style top of the muck (and the bogs).

Those who own baffin, how high up on your calf do they go, do they feel like you’re walking on air like the mucks do?

ec1
    NULL

Baffins go maybe about 5″ below the knee but they are very warm. Striker bibs do not fit over top but I usually just zip up the bibs and leave the rest hanging out. Not the best fashion statement but who cares when you’re warm and catching fish

At the price though, it can’t be beat.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

The artic pro is the warmest boot in the muck line.There taller than the sport but I have not been bothered by that.

jfs62
    Southeast WI

I’ve worn the Baffin Titans for the past 3 seasons. Nothing but good things to say about them. They definitely are Herman Munster big and took a short time to get used to walking in, but all in all I like them a lot. I have some Frabill bibs that do zip down around them but it does take a little effort.

sktrwx2200

Artic Pro’s get my vote.. sleeker, lighter, on/off in 2 seconds, very comfortable, even jeans slide over the top of them, and very very warm. Even walk late season pheasants all day long with them ( couldn’t do that in the Baffin).

I have the Titans and a pair of Muck Woody Max, similarly cold rated to the Arctic sport. Muck is a far more comfy boot for active hole hopping. Titans are bulky to say the least. Many bibs are a gonna pose a problem fitting over the boot

I just got a pair of Baffin snow monster pretty cheap, wore them the last three days treading ice and I’m impressed. Warm and extremely light weight. Pulled my shanty at least 5 miles in them. The traction was actually decent on bare ice without cleats.

chuckmain
    NULL

Arctic pros are awesome 100% waterproof. And yes, great for hunting pheasants!

brianm
    Le Suer County, MN

I just purchased a pair of Baffins and used them on Saturday. My previous boots were Rocky’s which I thought were warm. Night and day difference, the Baffins were much warmer! My feet did not sweat in these boots, they kept my feet warm and I was surprised at how warm they kept my legs too as they do come up higher on your legs.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I have the Titan’s – they are a huge boot but if you are out in really cold they can’t be beat. You have to order a size up because they run small. They go up almost to the knee and your pants probably won’t fit over them.

Like most guys, I have 2 pairs. If I’m hole hopping I have a lighter pair of boots that are easier to move around in. If it’s cold enough that I need the Baffin’s I’m probably not roaming the ice too much.

Brandon C.

Can someone pm me the deal info for the Baffin boots? Thanks

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

If you’re looking for something that’s still just as warm, but a bit shorter, take a look at the Baffin Eiger’s. Picked up a pair this summer for this ice season. Wore them out yesterday. Amazing boots. Very warm. And your bibs should have no trouble fitting over them. They come just a bit up your calf. Very comfortable boots.

ozzyky
    On water

What do you guys wear for socks in the mucks? I have them and love how light and waterproof they are, but my feet always seem to sweat in them whether I’m wearing a cotton or wool sock.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

So did I make a mistake on ordering the Muck Arctic Sports vs the Pro’s?
    What’s the major difference?

sktrwx2200

Artic pro is thicker neoprene. Which gives them a -60 rating. The sports are also available in different heights, where as the PRO is only the 16″

Ryan Wilson

I wear a size 14 Muck Arctic Pro (size 14 regular shoes). I enjoy wearing a pair of Wigwam 85%-90% heavy weight wool socks over a lightweight cotton liner. Works great for me.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Just got my titans in the mail. Man are these boots big!!! I feel like I’m walking on the moon or something. Definitely gonna get some taking used to but I can see why people like them. I can’t imagine getting cold in these. Also, for reference, I wear a 10.5 wide and went with the size 12. The fit is good for me although I could say they could stand to be a bit wider even. Might loosen up with wear

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.