Baffin Titans OR Muck Arctics

• tim hurley

Dishwater liked your post because you have both-but which do you prefer! FYI I am a hole hopper
    thanks

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Also I WAS able to fit my striker climate bibs over the Titan boots but it was tighter than a…. well I’ll let someone else finish my thought

Ryan Wilson

Also, it wouldn’t hurt to invest in a boot dryer if you don’t already have one no matter what you’re boots are. I got my peet dryer for around $30 last year with the boot extensions. Best $30 I ever spent.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Just got my titans in the mail. Man are these boots big!!! I feel like I’m walking on the moon or something. Definitely gonna get some taking used to but I can see why people like them. I can’t imagine getting cold in these. Also, for reference, I wear a 10.5 wide and went with the size 12. The fit is good for me although I could say they could stand to be a bit wider even. Might loosen up with wear

You get used to the size pretty quick…..I don’t even notice it now….they are so light it’s worth it…
    And they will form to your feet more once you have worn them awhile…. waytogo

Dishwater liked your post because you have both-but which do you prefer! FYI I am a hole hopper
    thanks

The muck boots i have, Woody Max, I picked up about 10 yrs ago. Actually, my father found them for both of us at the recommendation of Russ @ Marine General. We needed something to fish in 4-6″ of slushy soup late season.

I love them, ended up wearing them 90% of the time ice fishing. I never got cold, typically wear a pair of expedition type wool socks. About year 6 they started leaking a bit and cracking along the seam on the toe. I patched them with Aqua Seal, then bought the Titans. I like wearing my mucks even today, but only when it’s cold enough to be dry. I also chopped the tops off above the ankle – they make really nice ice shack slippers now.

The Titans will rarely get worn (by me); i needed something more for hiking, now I’m really impressed with the Baffin SnowMonster. I’ve been fishing pretty hard the past week and found a new boot for everything except fishing in soup. It was -18 two days ago, cold today, pretty sure they’d be warm to -25-30, & I’m probably not fishing colder than that. The Titans are HUGE!!

tim hurley

Fishwater I trust you most of all because you have both-but now you make me want to get the snowmonster when B4 I thought you prefered the mucks-I am a hole hopper, will not go out below -10.
    ONE boot no stories please–Baffin or Muck?
    Thanks

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Also, it wouldn’t hurt to invest in a boot dryer if you don’t already have one no matter what you’re boots are. I got my peet dryer for around $30 last year with the boot extensions. Best $30 I ever spent.

Good to hear! Just picked one up.

-J.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.