Bad Luck or What?

• Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Guys check out this string of bad luck! Over the last 2 days of fishing I have had both my Camera and flasher go down and both are waiting for an authorization number from Marcum. First the Camera went down on its first ever ice fishing trip and then today my LX-5 motor bit the dust! I need your guys help with maintaining my trust in these things. Luckily I was just fishing around home so nothing was lost, but I am afraid next time the consequences will be a lot worse.

Attachments:
    1. 2015-01-09-19.07.32.jpg

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I would say that is just bad luck man. I have total faith in my Marcum units. Been very happy with them. Hope they get you up and running again. Good luck.

Kent Tau

Its not uncommon that the motors go out on that particular unit. I used to have 2 lx3tc both bad motor back to back. I got rid of it.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I need your guys help with maintaining my trust in these things. Luckily I was just fishing around home so nothing was lost, but I am afraid next time the consequences will be a lot worse.

I guess I’d first have to know what caused the problem. If they were mishandled in any way, fixing that should restore your trust.

I’m not suggesting you beat the crap out of them, just thinking about possible causes.

Now if you’re relying on one unit and having a flasher in a big trip is really important to you, I recommend a backup unit. I don’t care if it’s a vex or a marcum, anything can happen.

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

You will not meet anyone who babies their gear mite that I do. So that is not the problem. I wish it was that simple.

Gary buxton

Sounds like bad luck… Marcums are pretty decent…

Doug Larsen
    Minnesohtah

Same boat – My LX5 less than a year old has the bottom bounce motor issue. In addition my Troller 2.0 is broken as well 1 year in. I take care of my stuff.

Marcum has great CS and they gave me 2 RMA Numbers so I can drop off today but it makes me nervous in the future for the longevity of my gear. I have a VS625SD that has been good, but this stuff isn’t cheap and it has made me look over to the Vex camp as a result.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

I have a lx 7 and have had no problems. Knock on wood. If the their flasher motors are having a fair few failures I would hope Marcum is trying to come up with a reason for the failures and a fix.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.