Target recommendations

• dblvsn
    Des Moines, IA

Just recently bought a bow and shopping around for a good target. Would like it for field points and broad heads as I don’t have a lot of room to store two targets. What’s your experiences been? Ease of arrow removal? # of shots and condition? Any targets to avoid? etc…
    Thanks!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Welcome to IDO dblvsn I have used the bags, they have there place, but not for broadheads. I have used the smaller compressed foam, like Gander and Cabelas have with there brand name on them, they tend to come apart with alot of broadheads. I use the Block and have no complaints. Easy arrow removal, I haven’t found that one yet I use a gorilla grip and they come out easy enough I guess. Again Welcome and looking forward to reading your reports and ideas

big G

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors Dblvsn!

I have mainly 2 targets. The first one I have is The Block 4×4, that I keep in my Truck for target practice when I’m out on the road hunting or when I shoot at my hunting spot. This is a very compact and light target. However this is a pretty spendy target.

My other target is called a Humungo Target and that thing takes a beating from everything. Field Tips, Broad heads, and the weather (as I leave it out all Summer and Fall). This target cost me $35 and this particular one is on it’s 2nd year with plenty to go. The only place I have seen this target sold is Bawana Archery in Little Canada.

Again Welcome to IDO and I hope that helps a lil. Feel free to post and answer as you please.

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

For shooting broad heads i would get this one. Best bang for your buck IMO
    Yellow Jacket

As far as field points, i only shoot fixed blade broad heads, i only practice with broad heads, i would buy a cheap bag for field points or even a 3 dollar hay bale

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Welcome …If you only are interested in one I gotta agree with Lip and say the Block 4×4..Ive had one for 3 or 4 years now and it still holds the arrows great..its small enough so when we go to the cabin for the weekend in the summer I throw it in the back of the truck or car and bring it with…it take every kind of arrow…even suction cup tip from the little neighbor boy…I have no compliaints about it…good luck Jay

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Welcome dblvsn!

I just bought a bow and started bow hunting last year. I bought a Black Hole target and have been real happy with it so far. I only shoot a broad head at it a couple of times before weekend hunts. It’s holding up nice to my practice tips. Good luck with your hunting this year. It’s a very adictive sport.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I have heard good things about the Yellow Jackets too… Morrel also made the Humungo, Lip speaks of, I believe they discontinued that model though. I remember the commercial with Hank Parker and the Bozo…. you can get a Morrel Yellow Jacket and a bag target, for the price of a Block 4×4… If my Block ever wears out, I am gonna try the Yellow Jacket

big G

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors dblvsn!!!
    I have a Delta Backyard Buck that I shoot both field tips and broad heads at. It has a replaceable center and removable head and legs for easy storage.
    It even survived being molested by a buck in 2005.

dblvsn
    Des Moines, IA

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!! I see quite a variety of recommendations but the 4×4 seems to be mentioned a few times. The only thing I don’t like about the 4×4 is the cost, but if it’s a long lasting target I guess it’s money well spent. Keep the reviews rolling in.

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

The only bad thing about them is there kind of hard to get arrows out of.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

4×4 here too

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.