silencer

• eye_hunter

i bought a Parker wildfire, it is pretty loud. i tried the cheap silencers but they did not seem to make much different. what do you guys recommend, money is not an issue, i just want to know which one is the best. i asked the people at cabelas, and Gander Mountain but they did not know which one works better…

coppertop
    Central MN

f4f, I use string leeches and it seems to help. Not sure what’s best but you can try a few and see what works for your setup. Most are very reasonable so you may need to experiment. Hope this helps!

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

STS works wonders. other than that, not much you can really do but spend money on a bow that is quiet

I second the STS!! I’ve tried other accessories to quiet down my bow, and they made little difference. Put the STS on and problem solved.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Without examining your Parker its impossible to say…but I have sold/set up two that were just fine. Go to a Pro Shop in your area to have the bow examined. You may only need some adjustments or tuning…maybe some accessories need to be tightened down.
    The STS is a nice device that stops your bowstring before it comes to rest, therefore eliminating the “twang” and in most cases catapulting the arrow slightly faster. They have been around for years, but are fairly expensive so my thinking is why buy one until you know you need to?
    As far as string silencers…nothing still is as quiet as Cat Whiskers but they do slow down your speed 8-10 fps

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.