Rage broadheads

• docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Are they worth the money?
    I am a long time shooter of the rocket sidewinders, which have always opened on impact for me. Thinking hard about switching to the rages, but at 40 bucks per pack for 3-would like some positive support. I am a long time supporter of good mechanicals well as good fixed blades(ultimate steels, slick tricks)-killed many deer with both, have had pass thrus equally well with both at 50 pounds KE.
    Thanks in advance guys.

Jeremy

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

I have a question for the guys that have bought and shot a deer w/ the 2 blade Rage. My brother bought me the 2 blade for christmas last year and the tips on them aren’t sharp at all, actually they are far from sharp However, the blades are sharp. Are these broadheads designed this way straight from the box? I am very skeptical to shoot these this year but if everyone that shoots the 2 blade have this same problem but are having success, i might as well give them a try

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

I am also skeptical…I wanna shoot them so bad the wound is insane with that cutting diameter and deer often drop with 30-40 yds. but he is my big thing. I own a TON of deer hunting DVD’s and very often they show these blades not penetrating very much at all….often times though these deer are falling over within cameras view so I dunno what to think….I helped track a doe last year shot by a rage 2 blades complete pass through and needless to say i was not needed…50 yds in brush and blood EVERYWHERE I was sold on them than! Still holding back so far though because of the penetration I am seeing from on film.

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

whats interesting is that too have seen a lot of videos like Drury(whitetail madness, dream season), Kisky’s and various other videos where they, most of the time, don’t get pass throughs. But on the new advertising for Rage, they say the 2 and 3 blade are the most penetrating broadhead when tested against others if i remember correctly, 17.5″ or so for the 3 blade….

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I converted over to 3 Blade Rage Broadheads last year and so far I’m impressed. I shot this buck last year with the 3 blade and had a complete pass through (exit wound shown in pic below). Only one of the blades ended up being slightly bent. I am shooting the 3-blades again this year but as you already know… it still comes down to correct shot placement.

Here’s another IDO Rage Broadhead Post

JAddison

Here are some of the pictures i found on google, just by typing in Rage Broadheads… pretty incredable i think, still saving up my pennies to get some

big_g
    Isle, MN

I believe the most important thing is shot placement for any pass through. A field tip placed correctly will pass through no problem, provided you have enough KE.

big G

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Brad,

Did you sharpen the tips or did you just shoot them straight from the package??

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Brad,

Did you sharpen the tips or did you just shoot them straight from the package??

I did not sharpen the blades but I would think it would help.

craig daugherty
    Osseo, Mn

Brad, That Buck I shot last year in Ripley was killed with the 2 Blade Rage, Total pass thru and a 12″ area of “trama” around the entrance site of the broadhead.

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Doc, I too use to shoot the sidewinder and the only reason am not now is I switched to the Rocket Hammerhead. And that also is a 2″ cut, just like the Rage, and like the Rage it leaves a huge hole in the deer. There is no way a deer will clot up with these. One deer I shot with the hammerhead I hit it in the liver and from where the deer ran about 6′ away every bit of underbrush had blood on it and the deer only went about 75 yards! Oh yeah and they are about half the price as the Rage’s. If you like you sidewinder’s you’ll definitely like the Hammerhead. The only thing is they recommend you to be shooting 260/sec or more because of the large cut.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Count me in as another Rage user and believer. I have used them the last couple years on Does and can not believe the damage it does. Last year I switched over to use everyday, but did not harvest a buck with it. I never reuse an arrow or broad head so if a blade does get bent, no big deal for me. $13.33 for a broad head is a pretty miniscule price to pay in the reality of things and the things we buy for this sport. Having the piece of mind and confidence when the big boy shows up that your equipment will not let you down is worth more MONEY then I can think of. Just my $.02 from an overly obsessed whitetail bow hunter

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.