Anyone still fishing?

• tim hurley

Chilly and I have a cold or I would be out there-Will go next week for pannies or pike or something-If I knew how to find and catch walleye that would be the target, many who do say this is THE best time to fish them. Might try scanning for healthy weeds for ice time, or go back to the river, not sure-good luck if you go!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Not sure if muskie fishing is your thing but the tullibee spawn should be occurring soon and the predators will be following them into shallow water. Some of the biggest muskies of the season are caught in early November when everyone else is in their deer stand.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Pool 4 Tim. I was out just before the cold hit but will be out until mid November or so. the colder and worse the weather, the less people and the better the fishing. eyes and saugers are putting on the feedbag no doubt. puking up shad and still hitting baits…….good times!

Jimmy Jones

We were in the backwaters of the Mississippi with the dud hunters on Friday and did ok on crappies until the bowels of this cold front rolled in. Then the fish quit, right now. We started fishing at around 45 degrees and a gently breeze and within two hours we were at 34 and a major league blow. Two 18 pound river anchors could not hold a 16 foot boat in water without current.

tim hurley

Thanks-good to hear people are out.
    G, did you see the episode of IDO where they were fishing musky out at LOW late season with big rubber lures?-wow what a catch that day. An out of town trip is not in the cards right now, but the river is tempting.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

nope……….time to play with guns!!!!!!

Deuces

Shore river spots are busting this year, gonna get some night trolling in this week. Then the weekend is gonna be the Croix or red wing toast

wirivereyes
    Central WI

Out on Petenwell yesterday, cold and windy as “beep”. Got eyes on BB and Mack’s smiley blades. Got them on crawlers and minnows. Bigger fish came on crawlers.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Thanks-good to hear people are out.
    G, did you see the episode of IDO where they were fishing musky out at LOW late season with big rubber lures?-wow what a catch that day. An out of town trip is not in the cards right now, but the river is tempting.

Yes. Muskie guys use bulldawgs and medussas this time of year on rock reefs, where the tulibee are gathering. They rip and drop them with their retrieve. It’s tough work. I only tried it once and after about 90 minutes my arms were like jello.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Fished in a 10 boat bass tournament today by Brainerd. 22 degrees at kick off. Bass were biting pretty good. 50 degree water. I’m close to done.

Charles

Fished in a 10 boat bass tournament today by Brainerd. 22 degrees at kick off. <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>Bass were biting pretty good. 50 degree water. I’m close to done.

I was going to fish that yesterday but I had other plans. Not surprised with Tuma winning that lake, he always likes that lake.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

I’m usually able to get out until right around Thanksgiving.

I keep my boat in my garage year round, so I don’t have to worry about anything freezing up.

tim hurley

507, Jig and a minnow? What depth? (still believe I can catch a walleye!) Thanks

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Boat is going into storage this weekend. I’ve been shore fishing rivers with fair success the past week. Will keep that going until ice most likely.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

507, Jig and a minnow? What depth? (still believe I can catch a walleye!) Thanks

no live bait needed but as the water cools you may need to fish slower? Blade baits or jigging raps and hair jigs should get you bit. spotlock or anchor in current seams and rip em off bottom. look for shad busting the surface or on your graph. that is usually a good place to start.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I took my boat up to my Buddies where I store it on Sat. I’m sure I’ll still get out a few more times with my Buddy. If fact we have plans to hit the lake for a rather long outing on Wed. Its going to be a cold one. Hope the walleyes cooperate and make it worth it. He was out on Sat. while I was taking the boat to storage. He said water temps had fallen to around 51 Deg’s. Down from 54 for last Thur. My guess is that by Wed. those temps will be down a few more deg’s.

tornadochaser

I’m not officially done until I tow my boat to storage thanksgiving weekend, but pretty much transitioned to a shore bite throwing stick baits and glow plastics in fast water current seams at night.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

His partner, Andy, caught a 4-15 with 5 minutes left which was the difference. Good group

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I’m pulling the boat out of Platte today (Tues 10/31). I plan on fishing from shore at Mille Lacs if night temps are 30 or above a few times, but it kind of looks like that window may close quickly.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ll be on the river this weekend. Maybe Mille lacs if weather is OK

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Was on Petenwell on 10/27 & part of 10/28, air temp went from 65 when I got on the water to 45 when I came off on 10/27. Fishing got tougher as the day went on. Fishing in the morning on 10/28, tough bite for me

Fished Lake Wisconsin yesterday and the bite was better than I expected, managed a few legal saugers with some bonus crappies mixed in

Off to Fish Petenwell again this weekend

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I got out for about 5 Hr’s yesterday chasing mostly walleyes. The water temps fell from 51-52 last Sat. to 45-46 yesterday. I think the rapid drop in Water temps had the bite off a little. We did manage 3 Over’s ( 20″+ ) and 3 nice eater fish. I also lost another nice eater right at boat side. I think if the water temps stay steady for a few days the bite is going to really kick in. Despite only being 35 Deg’s when we got to the lake, It was rather comfortable fishing. I think we are getting really close to the end unless the temp warms up. Several of the small bays were already frozen over. A few cold days and it may freeze in the landing. Looked at Pictures from last year and Nov. 7th was my last day out on open water. Hope this is not my last open water fish picture of the year

Attachments:
    1. Walleye-11-01-2023.jpg

Jimmy Jones

We did the Miss again this morning. Pretty chilly at 22 degrees when we hit the water, an hour before sunrise. Water temp where we were was at 36 degrees with plenty of shale ice to break through. Crappies cooperated until the sun hit full on the water, then they simply stopped. Nice fish today.

Charles

Hoping for this weekend if not, next weekend is looking great also!

fishmantim

Hit a metro lake yesterday..they have pulled the docks and bouys. Water temp 45 degrees..big drop from a week ago. fished walleyes, nothing going on, only bites were grabbing the back of the tail. On another note though, I lost the biggest fish of my life so far..50+ inch Muskie, will have a green hair jig hanging from her snout if someone hangs her in the next day or so applause

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I’ll be out this weekend

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Looks like mother nature might cooperate for another week or two. I don’t see any bitter cold temps in the 10 day forecast, and a possible warm up about a week from now.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I may yet put “The Trophy” back in a lake this year. The forecast just stuck its finger in the eye of those who were hoping for early ice here in Central MN. Platte Lake, which started icing up a bit on the 1st, could be ice-free by next weekend, not that I would take my boat there. I’d either put in on Rock or Sullivan.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Some dude was out fishing on Leech yesterday when we were duck hunting.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.