Anyone still fishing?

• tim hurley

Guy just told me about a good bite on the river for Walters, bass and crappies. Spots marked all stuff is shallow, going out Monday-open seat-PM me, better bring a good snack though waytogo

wirivereyes
    Central WI

Decent bite on the WI river today for eyes. Kept 3 nice eyes for supper tomorrow. Jig and minnow. Water temp 42 degrees.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Lots of shorts on Lake Wisconsin today, only 5 legals between 3 guys in the boat with a few bonus crappies. Trying again tomorrow

BrianF

Happy to end the musky season on a high note.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2364.jpeg

2. IMG_7660-scaled.jpeg

Charles

Water was between 38 – 40 up in crosslake area. I got skunked yesterday didn’t even stumbled into a pike.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

So those beaver baits do catch fish. Has to be one of the oddest looking baits. I’ve often thought of buying one for fishing Large pike in Canada. May have to spend the $ and buy one prior to our next trip

BrianF

Thumper, I like beavers because the muskies like beavers, but big Pike eat it too. If you decide to buy one, my recommendation would be to get the lake edition version. The extra weight allows you to fish it faster.

Charles

Still 38-40 water temps that was in Longville. Fishing sucked still, seams like a hell of a funk. I have one more trip this weekend planned before I am done.

Joe

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BrianF wrote:</div>

So those beaver baits do catch fish. Has to be one of the oddest looking baits. I’ve often thought of buying one for fishing Large pike in Canada. May have to spend the $ and buy one prior to our next trip

Thumper, I like beavers because the muskies like beavers, but big <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>Pike eat it too. If you decide to buy one, my recommendation would be to get the lake edition version. The extra weight allows you to fish it faster.

Beavers are one of my favorite muskie baits. They hook up well and fish love them, usually account for roughly half of my fish.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Fished Mille Lacs today. We caught a few walleyes. Not fast and furious, but very nice out. My buddy got a 22 and 23. He had a helluva net man.

dbright
    Cambridge

A buddy and I hit rainy river today and found a decent bite. We boated north of 60 fish for the day. A decent number of mid 20’s but no big girls. Hopefully I can get him on some more fish tomorrow.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I think I’m done with the boat. Really enjoyed the long fall this year but the fishing was not as great as I had hoped. One fantastic day and a bunch of so so to ok days on P4. Time for a break and hopefully on some hard water in a month!

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I fished from shore at Mille Lacs Saturday Night. No wind, no good. Saw 4 or 5 small eyeballs swimming around. They wanted nothing to do with my lures. I’ll probably give it a shot before the Vikings game and then again on Monday night. The E wind should have them shallow and those will probably be my last two opportunities to catch fish while temps are above freezing.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Got a few suspended, dink crappies on a jigging rap today. I think that was the last trip. Been a nice Fall. Go Vikes!

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Went out on Lake Wisconsin yesterday for 1/2 day, Im done for open water season now, boat is getting put away tomorrow. I have enough to do to keep me busy for a few weeks until we have ice

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Lake Osakis last Wednesday. Jig and chunk of half rotten crawler. They didn’t hit any hard baits trolled through them. 42 surface temp.

Attachments:
    1. Osakis-crappies.jpg

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Fished Alex Area Saturday and Sunday without much to show, should have went pheasant hunting. Temps 37-41. Might drag the boat down to Pool 4 over Thanksgiving, could easily be convinced to throw the white flag as well.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Took one final trip over to Mille Lacs last night. It was blowing 15-20 and slightly below freezing so my guides were freezing up. I didn’t fish long and got skunked. Think that is it for me and open water this year.

tim hurley

Usually at some point in November I think: What the heck am I doing in this boat?!
    Then its done for me.

tim hurley

Then I think look at the forcast! Keep the boat out! Do not see much ice making weather, boat is not put away, hmmmmm

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Definitely still warm enough to be in a boat. Potentially 50 degrees next week too.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Ice fishing tomorrow morning. Boat fishing Sunday.

tim hurley

Lake I want to fish has you put in on a backwater, lake might be good but the swampy launch is probably iced. Probably wait a couple weeks, seeing a xmas show with the wife this afternoon.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We caught walleyes this morning on the ice. I posted the kids pics in the ice thread. Debating on p2 tomorrow or ice. Ice fishing felt really good.

B-man

Hunted early this morning then took the little boat down to the harbor. Too much ice where I wanted to fish roll

wirivereyes
    Central WI

Doing some work at a buddy’s cabin, not fishing. Not me but Wisconsin River is open.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2351-scaled.jpeg

TuffyGuy

Tagged along with a buddy on upper pool 3 this afternoon. Lots of shorts, half dozen keepers and a mid 20. Not a bad day.

Crazy amount of people on the ice on the small lake near the hastings public launch.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.