Any Chain Updates?

• TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Just a heads up, the access in Cold Spring is completely open. You could easily take a boat ride up to County Rd 49 bridge.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i took a drive around the horseshoe chain yesterday…. alot of ope water along the shorelines…and some bays were open. river was mostly oen where i crossed it.

except for a few brave, or goofy , souls out on Browns lake nooone else was out. ice looked pretty ugly!

CBMN
    North Metro

Got word that the ice went out on the lake that my parents live on on the East end of the chain yesterday. Earliest they remember in 40+ years.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Got word that the ice went out on my the lake that my parents live on on the East end of the chain yesterday. Earliest they remember in 40+ years.

ican believe it, some of that ice looked really crappy when i drove around the chain!!!!!

CaptainMusky

Yeah the ice is going to go fast if this weather holds. There is no repairing it now.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Yeah the ice is going to go fast if this weather holds. There is no repairing it now.

Winter’s over!

Spring!

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

I also saw Thein Lake was wide open this morning.

I’ll probably take the long hike(10 minutes) from the house to the cabin after work to check out Horseshoe.

CaptainMusky

Im not ready for Spring, but its been refreshing. The chair on the pond at my office went through over the weekend and its completely ice free. Its shallow though.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

They just put the docks in at the Cold Spring landing yesterday afternoon.

I might try to get out Sunday and see if the Cats are still hanging onto their winter spots.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

I dropped the boat in at the Highway 22 Landing, which is honestly in good shape, except for the morons that did doughnuts in it.

Water temp on the river was 58 and main lake is 53.

Water is still pretty murky and lots of bottom muck still floating on the surface.

I didn’t try any fishing as I was just doing a rundown test to make sure everything in the boat is working, I’m heading to Rainy later this week. I did check some spring walleye spots and did mark fish, I assume they’re in spawn mode.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

there are always idiots tearing it up!!!!!!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Made it out to the chain on Sat. Fishing was decent. Found crappies in a few different spots. Was surprised how warm the water temps were. Like Tillrlife we found 51-53 main lake with 54-56 back in a few shallow bays.

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.