Another Livescope Question

• John Rasmussen
    Blaine

So I finally pulled the trigger and bought the LV34 and the black box. Questions I am toying with and have watched a few videos and looked at lots of poles and mounts and whatnot online, are what mount and pole should I go with. I want to use it in my boat and also put it in a shuttle for winter use. My boat is a Tracker Targa so its a very deep v, full windshield and the gunwale is pretty wide. I like to fish from behind the console mostly and am thinking of mounting it on the starboard side behind the throttle. Any input on that part of it. Also plan to either buy a new 106V or run it off my current 93UHD on the console now. My current set up on the dash is the 93 and a HDS7. Anyone run the livescope on there main unit if you will and then just switch it to other settings when not using LS? Sorry I have to many questions.

JoeMX1825
    MN

That size boat and the conditions of the water you likely fish in it, you’re probably looking at the upper end of pole mount systems to keep it stable, Cornfield Crappie or Brew City are good places to start. I doubt those high end poles adapt well to ice fishing due to their build properties unless that manufacturer has an Ice fishing adapter? Otherwise its probably less hassle to just buy a Summit Pole & Mount separately for icefishing…

I actually use 2 Summit poles, short one for ice fishing, the longer one for summer fishing off the boat & dock (I don’t troll more than 1 mph with it)

TH

I don’t have my livescope mounted in my boat. If I want to use it I have a brew city mount and just use the ice fishing set up. I use the summit pole for ice fishing. My boat sits out on a lift in front of my house. I don’t want to leave too many temptations. It’s a pain to carry it to the dock but that’s life.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I have the ice fishing bundle. For the boat, I have the Brew City pole with a Cisco mount that attaches to the Lund Sporttrak. Can move it anywhere in the boat.
    For ice fishing I finally took the advice of JoeMX1825 and switched to the Summit pole from the Garmin. The Summit pole is waaaaay better.
    You will enjoy the LiveScope and catch more fish.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.