Another friendly reminder

• Deuces

There’s always someone there to listen.

This is good of a spot as any to throw this out, middle aged white men take a large piece of the pie when it comes to suicides. Last few years have been tough, similar people just like everyone here can get stuck in deep f’in holes.

We all care, call or TEXT 988.

http://www.crisistextline.org/

CaptainMusky

Good reminder. I come to this site for a stress relief but sometimes it adds to it.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Ya. Suicide #’s just keep increasing each year. Like said, the rate among Middle aged white males has really increased the last few years. Don’t suffer alone. Reach out to someone. There are more people out there who care than you think there are.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

doah i dont know but maybe i’m more dense then that piece of pizzelm DennyO Used on iowaboy but i never did understand taking your own life??

Dan
    Southeast MN

i never did understand taking your own life??

I think that speaks to how drastic of a measure it is and where people are mentally when they do so. I would say most of us don’t undertand that either but that highlights what’s going on in someone’s head-to them, that’s the only thing they’re left with, it might be the only thing that makes sense to them.

I think society has made some progress trying to shed the stigma of mental health and will hopefully continue to do so.

A guy in my army unit committed suicide in Iraq in 2003. Our commander told us “God rest his soul…the man’s a coward.” I think the message he was trying to convey was that there were other options and that when you do that, you hurt a lot of other people. Nowadays I imagine it would be handled a lot differently

I don’t care what people disagree on or how much they might dislike someone, when you think of the mental space someone must be in to commit suicide, the thought is awful. Sucks to think people go through phases like that. Mental health issues don’t pick people based on income, job success, color, etc. And if it hits someone, people need to be supportive. If someone showed up to your job with a bone sticking out of their leg but wanted to come to work so they didn’t seem “weak” everyone would be shocked and tell them to get to a hospital. If someone needs a break mentally they’re labeled by some as being “weak.” Try and be supportive and encourage people to get help if needed.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

not to totally change the subject but this eating disorder is another one that boggles my mind.

i have a granddaughter that is going through this……to the point of needing medical help!!!!! doah

Gitchi Gummi

doah i dont know but maybe i’m more dense then that piece of pizzelm DennyO Used on iowaboy but i never did understand taking your own life??

mental health issues are something that you can only fully understand if you’ve been in those shoes. judging others for having mental health issues only exacerbates the problem

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i’ am ABSOLUTELY NOT judging…….as i said…i just dont understand it!!!!!!

B-man

Thanks for posting Deuces. I lost my little brother to suicide almost 20 years ago now.

A dark spell in your life/mood is something that you can ALWAYS GET THROUGH

Never let the demons take over, there is so much to live for, even if at times it seems like there’s not.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Thanks for posting Deuces. I lost my little brother to suicide almost 20 years ago now.

A dark spell in your life/mood is something that you can ALWAYS GET THROUGH

Never let the demons take over, there is so much to live for, even if at times it seems like there’s not.

damn B-man so sorry to hear!! doah

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.