bow mount

• stevenoak

Just bought a 1546 jon boat. Is there another good bow mount trolling motor without dropping $1250 on another Terrrova. My 60” shaft off of my Navigator would be like fishing behind a tree all day. Had a pd40 on my last boat what a p.o.s.. Sounded like a garbage disposal and chicken bones when it turned. Foot control lasted about 15 hours.

dbright
    Cambridge

You can cut the shafts down to size. There are videos on YouTube and sites with directions on how to cut them down. I plan on doing it next spring when i pick up a 24v .

dorancehefte
    Wisconsin

I got a 55 lb thrust Minnkota Ipilot with built in tranducer for less than $750 last winter from Cabelas. The Terrova sounds like a better deal but the difference in price buys a lot of other necessary stuff (that means lures, rod building components, etc.) The 55 lb thrust model my buddy has on his 16 foot semi-vee runs all day when we muskie fish dawn to dark.

Johnbrad

Position the shaft as close to the center line of the boat as possible. If the shaft and propeller are off-center, you may encounter drifting and steering issues when using your trolling motor.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.