Lake Minnewaska

• chappy
    Hastings, MN

Anyone been to minnewaska lately?Heading there today and was wondering how the sunnies were hitting. Did really well 4th of July along the pencil reeds in front of Hgy. 28 near the chapal.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

What a weekend!!!! Started out Thurs. on the way up there and smashed up my truck. Thank god the Air bags did’nt inflate. I ended up Rearending a guy on 694 and Boone ave. :Thank god nobody was hurt too!Had the Highway patrol Commercial vehical inspecter at the site and he check Lenth,girth and weight. After about 2 hours they released me with a $125 fine for not being safe in a construction zone. Anyway, About the fishing. I started out Friday Morning in 12-14 feet of water targeting the weed linesfor Sunnies, To no avail. It got so Windy on Sat there was no way you could fish for sunfish or Walleyes . It was blowing 30+ mile an hour. Got out this morning for 1-2 hours and between 4 of us brought in 40 nice sunnies between 6-8 oz. Really nice fish! Bass and northerns were going after the offerings of Mini mites and crawler peices. Had a blast today. Fished 4 feet of water about 2′ under the corks. near Woodlawn resort.Fish along the pencil reds till you find them then drop anchor and have a blast!

scottsteil
    Central MN

Nice report Chappy, sorry to hear about the vehicle

Most of the big gills I have been getting on Minnewaska have been suspended on top of the weed lines. Typically this time of year they are hanging outside the weedline but they seem to be hanging right in the weeds this year.

There was a Bass Tournament on Minnewaska Saturday with most of the fisherman being forced to fish the South shore due to the strong winds. There were a lot of bass caught but fish that I would consider small for the lake. Most of the bass came very shallow!

I haven’t been to the lake in over a week so hopefully this is the week I get back out there.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Like I said, I tried it out around the deeper weeds and came up empty, Moved in by the pencil reed’s and the fun began!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.