Anyone been there?

• chappy
    Hastings, MN

Heading up there for a little R and R. The last 3-4 weeks I havn’t been home much. Canada, Rcl’s, Other things going on but next week I’m going to go after those nice sunnies again. My son and Nephew and I will also probably go after bass too. Wondering if anyones having any luck.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Most likely I will be fishing Minnewaska this weekend. I should have a pretty good report when I return.

primitiveman
    Buffalo County, WI

How did it go on Minnewaska this weekend? I will be up there for a couple days (Thurs – Sunday). I’m pretty familiar with the fishing there, but any last minute patterns would greatly be appreciated.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Hey primative, Where you gonna be staying? I’m staying outside of Glenwood at Woodlawn resort. Havn’t heard from Scott at all so I guess were on our own. I did get a tip from a guy that fished the pwt up there a couple weekends ago for the walleye’s. Kinda in between Glenwood and Starbuck. He said yu can see the lights from the high school from where they were,but it was’nt on the bar out from it. If that makes any sense! He gave me his map and showed me but i can’t tell you without looking at it. Sunfishing is usually awesome this time of year. Drift along the outside of the pencil reeds until you find some bites,drop anchor, Fish till they quit and then continue on down the line. Caught some DANDIES last year. If you see a Silver Crestliner with only the orange registration sticker wave me down. Dual console with a 140 Johnson.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Sorry I didn’t report back. We ended up fishing Carlos. The bite was very good on Carlos for both gills and walleye. The gills were still spawning, as I would imagine they will be on Minnewaska. The walleye were sitting just outside the deep weed edges, 19-21 ft of water was best.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Thanks Scott!

primitiveman
    Buffalo County, WI

Hey Chappy, missed your post prior to leaving on Thursday morning. Your not gonna believe it, but I was at Woodlawn myself Saturday night. In fact, I admired your boat on the way off the docks Sunday morning. Nice rig. Anyway, I absolutely tore the bass up. Caught most of them on a Rebel Crawdad crank. Lots on other stuff as well. The guy I was fishing with did well with the sunfish on waxworms and small jigs under a bobber.

Wish I woulda saw your post ahead of time so we might of had a chance to fish together. Maybe next time

chappy
    Hastings, MN

We did OK on sunfish, Just a small plastic crawdad not tipped with anything caught alot of our sunfish. A ton of bass weather trolling or siting along the weeds and out from the high school. Not a ton of fish but enough to keep the nephew happy. I think I found them in 18′ of water with no weeds around.??? What’s up with that???? No Northerns or eye’s but probably had a couple on as out lines snapped.What kind of truck did you have? I was on the corner to the left of the entrance with the 5th wheel sitting in the slot backwards.2 kids running around on bikes. One guy came in Sunday afternoon with a 4# eye and about a 15″er.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Primative man, any smallies? What depth of water did you find most of the gills?

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Scott, We caught all our smallies near the pencil reeds along hgy. 28. Nothing with any size though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.