Adventure 1775 feedback

• Nolan L

Hi all,

First time posting and looking for any information on guys/gals running the 1775 Adventure with the 115hp.

I’m in the exciting process of upgrading and am going crazy comparing all types of different models. Really like the Impact series, but for the price difference is the extra beam width and front livewell worth it? How do you feel while fishing with 2-3 people in your Adventure? On Lunds website it has the Adventure pegged around 45-47mph with the 115 and the Impact XS around 42-45mph with the same 115. What are you seeing for speeds? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Ralph Bechtold

Hi Nolan and welcome.

I have a 2019 1675 Adventure and it’s the tiller model. Max HP is only 60HP but I thought I’d chime in on the model boat anyway.

I’m pretty happy with my Adventure especially the layout. With a tiller model you pick up lots of fishing room because of the lack of a helm, whether it’s a single helm or walk-thru windshield.

The only drawback, and it’s a minor one for me, is there is no protection from the elements of a windshield.

The live well is great on this boat. Fortunately I get lots of use from it.

Performance with my 60HP Mercury with 2 or 3 adults (including me) in the boat is MAYBE a little under 30 MPH on the GPS. Alone I can get 33 MPH perhaps. Never really worried about it because I don’t beat the boat to death.

It’s a very stable boat, easy to launch and retrieve if I’m alone which is most of the time. You’ll find lots of storage space including the rod locker in the bow.

I also installed a Rhodan 24V 60 lb. thrust trolling motor over the winter which works great. Lund installed the battery frames (2) and the wiring under the rod holders at the factory which was a big help with the installation.

I am sure there will be others chiming in to help you. Good luck.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Nolan, I have a 2019 1775 Impact with 115 hp G1 ETEC and top out at 42 mph solo. It took some playing around with different aluminum props to get there, but my dealer was very helpful and it was worth it. I know what you mean about all the choices you have to make in finalizing your selection, but it’s a fun problem. Some of my favorite things about the Impact are the roominess and lateral stability from the wide beam, and great storage. There’s another thread about the Impact in this forum you might want to read thru if you haven’t already. Good luck with your shopping.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I have a 2018 1775 Impact XS with the Merc 115 ProXS and I top out at 44 solo and 40-41 with 3 adults and a cooler and gear.

I came from a narrower boat and absolutely love the wide beam, but it barely fits in my garage (both height and width are almost exact dimensions of my door.

Sounds like other than beam width and front livewell they are identical. I don’t really use my front live well much, sometimes for bait. I will say ahd the adventure been available in 2018 I probably would have bought that just to save some cash but I’m very happy with my impact and won’t be getting anything else for at least another 15 years. Then I’m getting a Kingfisher.

hbouldin1216

Hey guys, looking pretty hard at the Adventure 1775 but need to make sure it’ll fit in the garage. Would one of you owners with the 115 do me a solid and provide the following measurements?

-Do these trailers have a swing tongue? If so, what is the length from tip of prop (motor down) to forward-most point of package? I can’t tell from pictures but it looks like the bow point protrudes past where a swing coupler might be.

-If no swing tongue, what is the length from the tip of the prop to the point on the trailer just in front of the bow stop post?

-width of trailer fender to fender

-Height to the top of the windshield (walk-thru model) while on the trailer

I have about 18.5 ft. if I back straight in and hoping I can manipulate the trailer to make that work. I really appreciate the help!

bigcrappie
    Blaine

18.5ft is not going to cut it even with a swing tongue. Height on my 1775, the windshield rubs the rubber trim on my 7′ garage door with the front down and also you have to lower your motor also. I also had to adjust my door to open just past the opening. On the Lund forums most people are in the same boat height wise roller or bunk.

hbouldin1216

Thanks for the quick replies, guys. Looks like I may be stuck with the 16 footer unless I can convince the wife to park in the driveway and put the boat in at an angle.

Another question regarding the storage compartments in the bow: are there gaskets around the edges to keep water out? Doesn’t look like it from the pictures. I’m sure something can be rigged up if not

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Let’s not give up so easily. Can the garage be modified with a bump-out between a few studs, for the OB to fit into?

HRG

hbouldin1216

Negative, laundry room is on the backside of that wall. This isn’t our forever house so I’m not undertaking anything like that. Trying to sell her on a Tahoe instead of the smaller Volvo XC90, as the Tahoe won’t fit in the garage and our problem is solved

Umy
    South Metro

I have the 2019 Lund Impact 1775 – 115 4 stroke Mercury – not the XS
    Really like the Impact series, but for the price difference is the extra beam width and front livewell worth it?
    I do not use the front livewell. Keep the plug in, water off and use it for storage.

How do you feel while fishing with 2-3 people in your Adventure?
    Fishes four people for walleyes just fine. I added an addtl casting platfrom I made for Bass fishing 1 in bow, 2 in back is piece of cake ( carpet color is better than the picture shows)

On Lunds website it has the Adventure pegged around 45-47mph with the 115 and the Impact XS around 42-45mph with the same 115. What are you seeing for speeds?
    I can get 41 on a relatively calm lake, perfectly trimmed. Running a Mercury Spitfire 13×17 aluminum prop on my 115 4 stroke. Gets on plane super fast, turns nicely, sips the gas.

Seals for the storage up front: THey have channels under the cover that divert water if and when it comes in. Have never had an issue. Even when taking in water is flows out easily and can count the number of times anything has come out of my plug on both thumbs. I actually put some caulk around the nose piece as a little water would come in from the bow and get the front compartments wet. Have not hade a problem since.

Mine fits in my garage with the swing tongue, goes in at an angle but my wifes and older son’s car fit in there during the water alongside it ( 3 stall) My garage door top is rounded and I need to lower the motor and get help guiding it in but it fits.

LOVE the Full windshield – would never buy a boat without one. THe 8′ Beam is great. My brother got ii it the first time 2 years ago when I bought it. Leaving 5 mile dock on Rainy Lake and he was used to my old 16′ 6′ 6″ wide Tyee 50 yards into the lake “this is WAAAAAAY better ride than your other boat”
    More than enough storage. Build the side rod storage on your own instead of buying Lund’s Way cheaper and just the same. A nice boat, nicely laid out. I got the Rhino skin floor or whatever that material is – like it better than carpet but it gets HOT in the sun.
    24 volt Minnekota Terrova (60″ ) system. Goes 8-10 hours on metro lakes no problem 6-8 on The big lake like Rainy where it fights the waves more.
    Made my own storage lockers. Will send you info if you want.

Attachments:
    1. Casting-Platform-2.jpg

Umy
    South Metro

THeres a 80# thrust, 60″ shaft Minnkota on the classified s section on IDO. Same as I have

mojocandy101
    Alexandria, MN

I’s on season 2 of a 1775 adventure and love it. If I had the extra 10k to get the impact I would love to have the extra width, but I’ve ran mine up in Sabaskon bay Lake of the woods and up on Namakan lake (voyager national park) with no issues. I’m a muskie guy who fishes crappies a lot in the spring and walleye fishes a couple trips a year so the single live well in the rear is plenty for me, plus the livewell is huge and I get more storage up front. We walleye fished 4 out of the boat last week in voyager national park with no issues. I can’t remember the exact prop I have but I can get 42 by myself and with a fully loaded boat (way over weight specs) going out camping last week I could get 39 and it jumps out of the water just fine. Boat on the trailer I believe is around 23-24 feet but I’d have to double check.

Biggest gripe about the boat is the fuel gage is trash. Shows me on empty with I still have 10 gallons left.

Umy
    South Metro

Ha, sounds familiar, just topped mine off yesterday. 4 days bombing around Rainy Lake on opener and then 4 times fishing here in the metro since. Put in 11 gallons on a 30 gallon tank cause it read about a third of a tank.

hbouldin1216

If you guys have the 115, aren’t you able to use VessleView for your fuel readings? I guess you’d have to reset it each time you fill up, but it should be a much more accurate gauge of your fuel burn.

Umy
    South Metro

Probably but have no idea how to get started on that ( as I have not even researched it ) )

If I can go all 4 days up in Canada when we go and drive all over creation ( including the 14 miles to the cabin one way) and come back and only have used 11-12 of the 30 gallon tank I’m not gonna worry too much. Any lake around here I run out on and I can trolling motor back in. We always bring 4 extra 5 gallon cans to Canada so…..

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I ran my impact with 115 pro XS from Diamond Bluff to Hudson and back, at cruising speed about 23 mph on average, 2 adults, full cooler of beer. That is 27 miles one way, so 54 miles total. Started on full, gas’d up afterwards and put 12 gallons in, which means I used less than half a tank. I’m never worried about gas based on this data as it’s pretty rare I’d cruise 50+ miles in a day unless were were doing this same cruise again.

The Real Joe Blow

Got my Adventure 1775 Sport in May and have been *really* enjoying it this summer. It’s a great boat, very stable, and handles the worst 1-1/2 to 2′ chop on the lake/river system I run it on (Winnipeg River) just fine, cuts through waves much better than I nad anticipated and is plenty dry for me. It managed 44mph with the factory Spitfire 17p prop, but I upgraded to the Spitfire X7 and get 46mph now at WOT, 1 person, full fuel tank and all my gear. But the real performance gain wasn’t necessarily speed, it was in handling, I can turn as fast and sharp as I want at any speed without futzing around with the trim and no blowout ever. Like others mentioned though, the fuel gauge is a joke. I put a 76 liters in it on day 1 when the tank was bone dry, and now when the needle is bouncing around empty to 1/8th full, I put a 25 liter jug in and its now at 3/4 to 7/8 full. So I still have around 40 liters in it when the gauge reads empty by my estimation. Still, all around a great boat, plenty of room and performance is excellent!

Attachments:
    1. 20220804_192029_cropped-scaled.jpg

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Lund must be designing these sending units so that people stop running out of gas LOL. When it shows empty top it off and you’ll never be stranded )

I keep mine full 24/7 365 though. It’s never seen fuel with ethanol in it. Headspace in the empty tank is your enemy as it allows for moisture to condense and drop in. I’m always full up of non-oxy- no headspace, no moisture, no worries.

nort1975

Just pulled the trigger on a 1775 adventure sport, with the 115. sounds like a great boat. coming from a 16′ ss fury. be ready this spring!!!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Just pulled the trigger on a 1775 adventure sport, with the 115. sounds like a great boat. coming from a 16′ ss fury. be ready this spring!!!

Im close too, I cant decide to do it this year or next year. Congrats on the new ride, make sure to post pics!!!

KPE
    River Falls, WI

The adventure must be a rocket with the 115 pro XS on it, or the Yamaha VMAX SHO, given the smaller dimensions. Prop it correctly!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Just rode in a Adventure today. It must not have been a Sport because it didn’t have jump seats. Seemed like a nice boat and the Merc 115 handled it well I thought. The one I rode in had a wash down and sink in the rear drivers side. HRG you know what model that might have been?

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

seeing one for sale in Fargo with a 90 hp on it, think that is adequate or hold out for a 115 hp?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.