2nd shot

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Got my second shot of Moderna about 8 hours ago. The guy said if you make it past 16 hours your in the clear.
    So far so good.
    50% of the people I know had tough side effects with the 2nd shot. About the same with people I know that received the J&J.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Good luck, and thank you for getting vaccinated! waytogo

My folks didn’t have any significant reactions.

munchy
    NULL

The older you are the chances of a reaction get pretty slim. So you’re probably in the clear EPG.

wave

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Wife got her first shot of moderna on Monday. A little soreness in the arm but nothing more. I’m getting my first shot of Pfizer tomorrow.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Got my second Moderna on Saturday at 10am. By 10pm I in bed with wicked fever and chills and didn’t move for 36 hours. It was bad. Everyone I know has had at least some reaction to Moderna.

I get drilled with the J&J tomorrow. I’m not 100% sold on getting it but I bartered with the wife that if I get the shot I can get an extra fishing weekend away so here I go lol.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I got my 2nd shot of Moderna back in early February. I felt perfectly normal until about 12 hours after. Main side effects were chills and fatigue that lasted about a day beyond that. I just wore a stocking cap and layers everywhere for a day and didn’t skip a beat.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Rec’d my first Pfizer today. Asked the nurse her opinion of operating the chainsaw for the remainder of the day. Her response? Seems like the folks who are active have very few symptoms. Happy to report she was spot on.

Now that 2nd shot in 21 days? Guess we’ll find out then.

39degrees

Second shot of pfizer two days ago. Besides slightly sore arm, was tired yesterday, slept four hours midday. Feel 100% today.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

From what I’ve seen and heard I really believe that younger individuals have been more symptomatic. Not in all cases obviously, but I wonder if this is because younger immune systems will “react” with more antibodies causing the symptoms opposed to older individuals with less effective immune systems.

My 90 year old grandfather had no symptoms as well as my parents who are in their mid 60s. Same with many other older individuals and patients I know and have spoken with. Many of my friends and coworkers (my age or younger) had joint pain, fevers, chills, etc.

Just my two cents.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Got my 2nd shot of Moderna 1st of March. Light headed when I woke up the next morning, tired, and chills off and on. Took a 3 hour nap and was totally fine by 7 PM.
    Wife gets her 2nd shot tomorrow at 10 AM. Will see how she turns out.

munchy
    NULL

but I wonder if this is because younger immune systems will “react” with more antibodies causing the symptoms

Yes. My wife has been administering vaccines since December, and this was one of the items covered in her training. Basically, the more active immune systems will have a physical response, the less active immune systems will just acknowledge it.

My wife was in bed for 3 days after her 2nd shot.

I have yet to get it.

Wallyhntr1
    Tonka

Is it media/government driven fear to get this shot as a preventative? Big pharma? Long term issues if you get the shots? Just me, I’ve not been sick in 10yrs, never would allow a needle stuck in my body with this poop.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Is it media/government driven fear to get this shot as a preventative? Big pharma? Long term issues if you get the shots? Just me, I’ve not been sick in 10yrs, never would allow a needle stuck in my body with this poop.

As a reminder without vaccinations humans would go the way of T Rex. Mumps, measles, rubella, polio, etc.

Hope your tin foil hats comfortable.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Made it 13 posts before a divisive comment. I must say the liberals have been much better behaved with regard to the floyd thread

Dan
    Southeast MN

I wear seat belts, carry a firearm concealed, utilize smoke detectors, and even put on oven mitts out of fear…I’m a sheeple.

Iowaboy1

I wear seat belts, carry a firearm concealed, utilize smoke detectors, and even put on oven mitts out of fear…I’m a sheeple.

My older brother is worse than that !! he drives with the club on !!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’ve received my first Pfizer dose and my second is in 2 weeks.

I hope this thread can stay civil. The previous one I started in January about it was shut down pretty quick because of the commentary.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

No shots for me, but no hate to any one who gets one.

Musky Ed

Wife and I, 1st shot of Pfizer no reaction. 2nd shot at 9am, both felt fine at 10pm, I woke up at 1:30 with chills and flu like symptoms, wife perfectly fine. Chills went away in a couple hrs, but felt yucky for a day then perfectly fine.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

J&J for both wife and I. She had sore arm and light headache for a day. About 10 hours after the shot I had the chills and sweating for the night. Next day all was well with both of us

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

FYI…everyone getting their shot will live at least 4 months as that is what I’m going on and doing fine. I was hoping to grow a tail so I had an extra appendage to fish with but nothing yet…

No side affects from either shot except a very sore arm on #1

KPE
    River Falls, WI

If you’re carrying a firearm at all I believe you’re ruled out from sheeple status. I know quite a few “gun guys” that don’t even have a PTC, and some with a PTC that don’t use it.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

RIP

rotflol That got an actual LOL Drifter.

My 72 year old Dad got his 2nd earlier this week and had no side effects at all. Mom got her first at the same time with just a sore arm. I haven’t looked into it for myself yet, but probably should get the ball rolling. Do you get to pick which one you get? I guess I’d prefer J&J just so it’s a one and done.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

BigWerm, Only way to pick is to call ahead of your appointment and ask which you are getting. If you don’t want the one they have, just ask to put someone else in your place. Very little JJ has been distributed in MN yet (90K shots). So you might have to wait a bit to get JJ. You are not alone in wanting that one. I assume when places are giving the JJ that they will advertise its the JJ.

When I am giving the vaccine, part of the talk is to expect a 24 hour period of “mild to moderate sickness” following the second shot. The younger you are the more likely you are to experience this “sickness”. I received my second shot mid-January and had 24 hours of it. I went to work and was fine but had body aches and some chills.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Was in a group of 6 people all over the age of 66, two over 75, who had the Pfizer shots in February. Not one of us had any ill effects aside from a little soreness at injection site.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

I just had the ‘Rona a month ago so I’ll continue to wait and see how things shake out for a while. Hopefully by fall, they’ll have a one’n’done vax that is safer and gives better protection. I’ll be honest, this vax creeps me out. I see lots of stories circulating of normal, healthy people and old folks dying due to the vax. There was a post not long ago here discussing that. Seems like no one wants to talk about that, it just gets buried.

While I’m not opposed to eventually getting it, I definitely don’t have any trust and confidence in it. Some reports make it seem like it may not really do a whole lot anyway to protect you from getting and transmitting covid. Guess it’s supposed to lessen the symptoms, maybe? I barely knew I had it, but I know covid is like a box of chocolates, so ya never know.

I suspect there will be variants evolving (may already be some) that the vax won’t stop and see people needing multiple different vax’s before this is over. Big pharma’s happy!

Netguy
    Minnetonka

2nd shot in 2 weeks. First gave me a sore arm for 1 1/2 days. My daughter gets her second dose next week.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 157 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.