2024 Vikings

• Ripjiggen

Sign LB Blake Cashman for Texans.

Dan
    Southeast MN

With the recent signing of Blake Cashman, the Vikes likely signed three starters on defense today, and this draft is allegedly deep with CB, so the defense could be upgraded.

Ripjiggen

“ Not if they use the picks from the JJ trade ”

If a trade happens I can almost guarantee it would not be to team that will have a top ten pick.

Wildlifeguy

Sam Darnold is your betting favorite, a QB so bad the JETS didn’t want him. Ouch.

Ripjiggen

With the recent signing of Blake Cashman, the Vikes likely signed three starters on defense today, and this draft is allegedly deep with CB, so the defense could be upgraded.

Yup fix the defense to watch the offense struggle. jester

Ripjiggen

Sam Darnold is your betting favorite, a QB so bad the JETS didn’t want him. Ouch.

As if the jets have ever evaluated a QB accurately.

They will need to sign a vet either way.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Yup fix the defense to watch the offense struggle.

Well it is the history of our team now isn’t it. Something about having your cake?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

“ Not if they use the picks from the JJ trade ”

If a trade happens I can almost guarantee it would not be to team that will have a top ten pick.

Yeah, that’s my point. Trade JJ and couple those pick assets with the #11 overall pick this year to move up and get the QB you want, without sacrificing future drafts. Paying WR’s will go the way of paying RB’s within 5 years I’d bet.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Sam Darnold is your betting favorite, a QB so bad the JETS didn’t want him. Ouch. good San Fran and QB whisperer HC Shanny, wanted him more than Trey Lance, the QB they sold the farm for the year prior…

CaptainMusky

Mullens is terrible. I have no desire to watch him throw to anybody.

Never said he was great and isnt a starting QB by any stretch, but move up in the draft and let the young QB sit for a bit. Mullens showed what he can and cannot do. He can make the throws and IMO is better than pushing for a guy like DOnald. Good lord help us all.

Brittman

I was a general fan of Cousins on the Vikings, but not at an empty the bank on the guy basis.

Kirk Cousins era
    50-37-1 regular-season record
    one playoff win

Brittman

I’d rather have Wilson that Mullens.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Tennhill and Darnold to nothing to move the needle at QB. They are the same caliber as Mullens at this point. Haven’t heard anyone mention Jaren Hall yet, are we done with him already? Obviously he was a disaster when he came in late last season, so bad that they benched him for Mullens.

Rebuild it is. As in “non competitive” rebuild. JJ can’t be very happy about this move.

CaptainMusky

I’d rather have Wilson that Mullens.

Surely you cannot be serious. Wilson is washed up and terrible. He would be cheap however.

CaptainMusky

Tennhill and Darnold to nothing to move the needle at QB.

Exactly they are terrible. Tannehill is slightly less bad. Id rather just re-sign Dobbs LOL

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Tennhill and Darnold to nothing to move the needle at QB. They are the same caliber as Mullens at this point.

I don’t want to keep beating the dead horse here, but Mullens in 5 years has been nothing but QB2-QB4. And looks generally terrible doing it, so his ceiling thus far has been a terrible backup. Tannehill was a high draft pick that led 2 different franchises as the STARTER to mediocrity. So mediocre starter is his ceiling. Darnold was a very high draft pick that couldn’t do a job no one can (resurrect the Jets), and was brought in as QB1B in San Fran, a Super Bowl team. Never had the opportunity to play there, but still his ceiling is an average to lower level starter.

So who do you want in front of your Franchise ROOKIE QB you sold the farm for? Professional QB’s who have lot of experience, or marginal rostered QB with no experience except for terrible performances? It’s not even close, and there is 0.00000001% chance Mullens is the starter game 1 next year.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Lets face it, there are only bad options now. Pick your poop. Its like voting in an election.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Lets face it, there are only bad options now. Pick your poop. Its like voting in an election.

Stick to weather Bell! rotflol No one expected the Vikings to sign/resign the QB of the future this offseason. It was either Kirk for a short extension of less than 3 years, or a veteran backup to show the new kid the ropes.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Stick to weather Bell!

The 2024 Vikings forecast is looking high and dry. Drought continues. And it may enter extreme or extraordinary status. jester

Ripjiggen

All three are replacing starters that were already in place last season however.

Hicks, Hunter, Wonnum

CaptainMusky

Did the Vikings seriously sign Drew Lock?! Thankfully they have not. YET!

toddrun

Blake Cashman – Eden Prairie alum. Watched him play football from 3rd grade all the way to a Senior in HS, same age as my son. Definitely has a commitment to football, always has.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Did the Vikings seriously sign Drew Lock?! Thankfully they have not. YET!

Just out of curiousity, what are you drinking that makes Mullens ok, but anyone else not? I’d like to keep some of that on hand.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Blake Cashman – Eden Prairie alum.

Yeah, he was good in HS, better in college, and really good as a pro. Glad to have him back home!

Ripjiggen

Just out of curiousity, what are you drinking that makes Mullens ok, but anyone else not? I’d like to keep some of that on hand

Yeah don’t get the love for Mullens and not signing some kind of veteran.
    They are obviously drafting a QB this year.

Wildlifeguy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>
    Tennhill and Darnold to nothing to move the needle at QB. They are the same caliber as Mullens at this point.

I don’t want to keep beating the dead horse here, but Mullens in 5 years has been nothing but QB2-QB4. And looks generally terrible doing it, so his ceiling thus far has been a terrible backup. Tannehill was a high draft pick that led 2 different franchises as the STARTER to mediocrity. So mediocre starter is his ceiling. Darnold was a very high draft pick that couldn’t do a job no one can (resurrect the Jets), and was brought in as QB1B in San Fran, a Super Bowl team. Never had the opportunity to play there, but still his ceiling is an average to lower level starter.

So who do you want in front of your Franchise ROOKIE QB you sold the farm for? Professional QB’s who have lot of experience, or marginal rostered QB with no experience except for terrible performances? It’s not even close, and there is 0.00000001% chance Mullens is the starter game 1 next year.

Well to be fair he was ALSO released from the OTHER worst team in the league after being beat out by an at the time (and still, really) Baker Mayfield, and PJ Walker? I think. Darnold is trash, he just is. Fact of the matter is, unless a team is drafting a blue chip talent, early in the first round, and are lucky enough to not have them bust, they don’t have a “developmental QB”. Name the starting QBs in the league, outside of Rodgers, that can be justifiably called a “franchise” player, that wasn’t 1.A high first round pick, or 2.A later round pick from a non-blue chip program that was lucked into by whatever team took them, ie Mahomes, of which there are like 2. The only way your squad gets a QB is to tank successfully in a year in which one of the 2-5 actual quality QB prospects a decade happens to come out. Its really that simple.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Name the starting QBs in the league, outside of Rodgers, that can be justifiably called a “franchise” player, that wasn’t 1.A high first round pick, or 2.A later round pick from a non-blue chip program that was lucked into by whatever team took them, ie Mahomes, of which there are like 2.

I consider a “high” first round QB pick as top 5, and that would give you a pretty big list: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Jordan Love, Dak Prescott, Derek Carr (at one point in time), Jalen Hurts, Brock Purdy and I’m probably missing a few.

Ripjiggen

Derek Carr (at one point in time)

I don’t remember that time. jester

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Derek Carr (at one point in time)

I don’t remember that time. jester

It was a tight window… jester

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 181 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.