2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• CaptainMusky

Thanks for that! Interesting that while he is playing wing they/he still sees himself as a center. Which is a great sign. I mentioned it before, I dont know much about their roster but I think they have several veterans at center which is likely why he moved to wing.
    I cannot even imagine him, Fiala, Boldy on a line. They would terrorize with speed.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Just picked up an assist on the powerplay. Why do they healthy scratch top players in the KHL? Seems so weird.

no idea, but its very common, I remember franticly scouring the internet for an injury report when I would notice Kaprizov not in the lineup for CSKA a few times… seems like they sometimes bring out a B squad of 3-4 players to replace the top guys on games against the weaker KHL teams…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Like with all Russian drafted players i’m a little worried about him resigning in the KHL for longer after his contract is up this year, but the fact that he and his family watched the NHL draft and did interviews afterwards gives me hope he’ll come over to the Wild next year….

CaptainMusky

Like with all Russian drafted players i’m a little worried about him resigning in the KHL for longer after his contract is up this year, but the fact that he and his family watched the NHL draft and did interviews afterwards gives me hope he’ll come over to the Wild next year….

I believe he has commented that he plans to leave for the NHL after this season. I will see if I can find where I read that. I think it was in a Russian article.

JoeMX1825
    MN

** GUESS WHEN KAPRIZOV AGREES TO A NEW DEAL CONTEST **

I saw a post on twitter asking for a guess on when Kaprizov signs contest, I think it’s a fun idea to do on this site. I will ship a box full of brand new assorted lures/baits to the winner!

The winner is whomever guesses the closest to the agreed upon contract date (not the date he actually signs it) and the tiebreaker is closest to the exact time that the Official Wild Twitter account posts that it’s official.

Just so we keep the thread clean, submissions MUST be in the 2022 MN Wild/NHL thread by Thursday morning (9/23 at 9:00am cst) when camp’s 1st practice starts, any guesses AFTER that time will NOT count….

Post your date and time guess below!

Just so I can see where I stand, my guess is 9/24 and 2:00pm cst I exclude myself from winning )

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I will say 9/29 at 1pm. Thanks for the generous and fun contest. We needed something to make this fun! doah

realtreeap10
    Over there

I’m guessing 10/7 at 2pm. I enjoy reading the yearly thread but hope this part comes to close before my guess.

CaptainMusky

9/22 at 12:01 PM. It would be awesome if Russo has to drop the news in the middle of the night however. Im a glass half full guy and think its going to be sooner than later, but Im usually wrong LOL

Doug M
    SE SD

9/23 at 9:00am cst. I am saying the same time as the cutoff for this contest. Headlines will be on him and not the start of camp.

futurepoorperson

I enjoy this thread, knowledgeable group of hockey minds.

I’m gonna guess 10/29/21 at 11:00am

tswoboda

I’ll talk tomorrow @ 97 minutes after noon.

So that’s 9/22 at 1:37 pm, right?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

9/27 at 9:00 AM CST.

I hope it’s sooner because with the delay to get a visa and the quarantine requirement, it’s probably already too late for him to even be here and playing by the final couple of preseason games.

It will be interesting to see the fan reaction when he first steps on the ice. Any predictions? It’s disappointing that such an anticipated player will have his first full attendance Xcel Energy Center game after this situation. He would have gotten a terrific roar from the faithful at the X last year to start things off right. I very much hope the TMSF don’t come out and boo him.

Grouse

Ripjiggen

Dude we are puck heads. You expect us to do math outside of adding goals and assist. Blasphemy toast

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>

Dude we are puck heads. You expect us to do math outside of adding goals and assist. Blasphemy toast

HA! So what time is that in Siberia?? shock

JoeMX1825
    MN

9/27 at 9:00 AM CST.

I hope it’s sooner because with the delay to get a visa and the quarantine requirement, it’s probably already too late for him to even be here and playing by the final couple of preseason games.

It will be interesting to see the fan reaction when he first steps on the ice. Any predictions? It’s disappointing that such an anticipated player will have his first full attendance Xcel Energy Center game after this situation. He would have gotten a terrific roar from the faithful at the X last year to start things off right. I very much hope the TMSF don’t come out and boo him.

Grouse

he’ll get a roar, player careers can end in an instant with injuries, its billionaire owner’s arguing with millionaire players who they leach every cent out of they can… i’ll cheer for the player….

tswoboda

he’ll get a roar, player careers can end in an instant with injuries, its billionaire owner’s arguing with millionaire players who they leach every cent out of they can… i’ll cheer for the player….

Yup.

The tough guy “he can stay in Russia” fans were also the goggle-eyed “write him a blank check” fans back in April. Fans are emotional, and that’s what makes sports great.

tswoboda

OMG I hate that emoji tweet lol I think the Blackhawks started the trend when they traded for Jones and now every damn team and writer has copied it.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Lol, so i’ll look at the submissions up until a few minutes ago and whomever had the earliest date/time wins!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

AND NOBODY WINS!!!!!! IT JUST EFFING HAPPENED! Hey at least now he might actually get here before the regular season starts.

Ripjiggen

What the…I swear I posted he would sign today. Damn it the mysterious disappearing post in this site are now costing me tackle. bawling jester jester

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>wormdunker wrote:</div>
    In 23 minutes.

This doesn’t qualify?

I just figured you were a GMBG or Kaprizov burner account )
    PM me your address and i’ll get the lures to you!!! Nice job!!!

CaptainMusky

So glad it’s done. Now we wait until he can get here and start practice etc.

JoeMX1825
    MN

So glad it’s done. Now we wait until he can get here and start practice etc.

They are saying he’s been flying over all day and lands in Minny tonight. Russo also said the Wild were hinting he could do a presser tomorrow and wouldn’t require quarantine, so he must have got an approved vaccine?!? Not confirmed yet though…

CaptainMusky

OMG it’s happening! So excited. I might not be able to work tomorrow. I’m just here for the Golden Lights.

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.