2022 Minnesota Vikings

• wkw

Since they got Hockenson, they’ve forgot the receivers that got them where they’re at.He drops more than he catches and when it’s 3rd and seven he goes out 5 yards. Not a fan of him.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

“They are who we thought they were!!!”

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Ass whoopin.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Ouch Green Bay showed up .

dirtywater

momentum. right now the packers have it and the vikings don’t. every game counts equally. packers offensive line was a mess all year and now the vikings have their turn to deal with those injuries. lions won’t roll over and die next week, but if the packers get in they will be riding a 5-game win streak playing their best ball of the year.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Coming off their last two games the Vikings should have had plenty of momentum and everything to play for. Secure the #2 seed, maybe the #1 seed, home field advantage, knock their biggest rival out of the playoffs, etc, etc. Instead it was a complete blowout.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

With the Niners OT win over the Raiders, San Fran has overtaken the Vikings for the 2 seed via the conference tie breaker record. It’s looking very likely that the Vikings will be the 3 seed and host the 6 seeded Giants in the wild card round in 2 weeks.

This team is like clockwork. When they win, they barely win. When they lose, they gets their butts whipped.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Still don’t believe in the Packers. I think they will lose next week, but now I hope they win.

That first half was just weird. And losing the backup center and O’Neil early was a buzzkill. Being down by so much at half-time on the road, I thought the best strategy was to sit the starters and put the backups in with an option to bring the starters back if the backups started gaining the upper hand. The backups couldn’t have done much worse in the 3rd quarter. At least nobody got injured in the 2nd half. It’s too bad the Raiders couldn’t pull it out against the 9ers. But being the #3 seed isn’t the end of the world. The NFC is up for grabs with a rookie QB in Frisco and almost a rookie in Philly coming off an injury cold turkey. I could easily see us getting two home games from the three spot. And if we make it to the NFC Championship Game. Maybe Kirko Chill has the heart of a Champion same as Brad Johnson. I thought Brad should have been given the reins back once he was healthy in 1998. If they have to go on the road twice, that’s no Bueno. Not impossible; it just makes getting to the Super Bowl extremely difficult.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The sky isn’t falling in MN. Are the Vikings a “great” team? Probably not. Their record is definitely deceiving. Are they a good team? Yes.

I think play selection screwed the Vikings from the get go. After that blocked punt, they clearly didn’t have a real great strategy or call sheet to go with and needed to make that special teams blunder hurt. They go pass on first down, then nothing on a run on second down. 2nd string center gets hurt, so they bring in a guy who physically looks not the part and proceed to call a run behind him into the teeth of a heavy defense as he gets blown backwards.

The Packers also seemed susceptible to more screens as that O-line was being eaten, but few were called. Even just some hitches or a bubble to get JJ going or forced touches would have been helpful.

The Packers showed a nice script to beat the Vikings. If they end up the 3 seed and the Giants come to town, I’d look for a similar strategy rolling coverage to JJ to get Cousins off his first read, dare him to progress and hold the ball with an unhealthy line. Compared to the first game, the Packers played a lot more zone and stuck with base package personnel more often. The first game they rolled out sub packages of DBs who most people people couldn’t even name thinking they’d out scheme MN’s offensive talent and package tendencies while JJ shredded them.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

they always split with GB and Chicago so they will most likely lose next week too?

what we can expect in the playoffs is either a close win or a blowout based on how they play. its a home game so i see no reason they don’t win another close game in round one but its MN sports so no guarantees as usual.

Ripjiggen

Since they got Hockenson, they’ve forgot the receivers that got them where they’re at.He drops more than he catches and when it’s 3rd and seven he goes out 5 yards. Not a fan of him.

You apparently have only watched this game. He is leading the league in receptions and yards for TE’s since joining the vikes.

KwickStick
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

GO PACK GO!!!

Tlazer

Guess to come back by being down 30 points against a team other than the hapless Colts ain’t happening. Yes it was a great comeback, but it was to the Colts who had just got rolled by Dallas. Think too many Viking fans thought they were Super Bowl bound after that game. Vikings playing at home for the first game in the playoffs should help to possibly get one win in the playoffs, but their defense has to start playing much better.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I didn’t like our chances heading into the game, and was quickly proven right. I actually thought our defense played pretty solid. Generally speaking the team with the most to play for has the advantage in the NFL, especially at home. Add in a Kick Return TD and Pick 6, and not too many teams at any level are overcoming that, especially not with 3 more turnovers on top of it. AARon threw for 159 yards, and they ran for 163 with most of that once the game was out of hand. I sure don’t see GB going to San Fran and winning.

And I don’t see Kirk having that many picks again, and the defense has been playing better of late believe it or not. I sure don’t expect a long playoff run, but they also can beat anyone, and the NFC is wide open imo.

Tlazer

Yes. The NFC is wide open. Every team looks flawed in some way. Might be who get hot and on a roll. Philly was rolling early in the year with Hurts, so if he comes back healthy and they get on a roll they might be the team from the NFC to get to the SB. Don’t expect much from the NFC in the SB since the AFC has some good teams.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The Chicago Bears are starting Nathan Peterman at quarterback on Sunday against the Vikings.

Peterman has not started a game at QB since 2018, when he was with the Bills, prior to Josh Allen’s arrival. He literally has some of the worst quarterback stats in recent memory.

2017: 2 games started, 24-49 passing for 252 yards, 49% completion, 2 TD/5 INT/2 fumbles lost, and an overall QB rating of 38.4
    2018: 2 games started, 44-81 passing for 296 yards, 54% completion, 1 TD/7 INT and an overall QB rating of 30.7

Lol somehow he has worse stats in 2018 than he did in 2017. I think the Bears are purposefully trying to tank this game for a higher draft pick.

JEREMY
    BP

So the Vikes will make him look like Joe Montana

glenn57
    cold spring mn

So the Vikes will make him look like Joe Montana

rotflol rotflol rotflol got that right!!!!!!!!!!! peace peace rotflol

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The team to Watch out for next season is the Detroit Lions. Yes I said it, the Detroit Lions. I think they are close to becoming a serious team in the NFC North next season.

Ripjiggen

The team to Watch out for next season is the Detroit Lions. Yes I said it, the Detroit Lions. I think they are close to becoming a serious team in the NFC North next season.

rotflol

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Detroit Lions

I for one hope they win on Sunday. They will need help from the Rams to also beat Seattle too.

Restore the Roar

ThunderLund78

While I don’t 100% disagree, this has been said every year for probably the last 15 years. They might be my second favorite team and I’d like to see them do good if not the Vikes, but the Lions are the Lions.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

There’s about a dozen teams, at least, ahead of them. And it’s a big jump from making the playoffs to making the SB. But they are tough, and if you go back in the thread I picked them to finish around .500 and surprise some people this year.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

i was up in northern MN for the holidays, great to sport the Green and Gold in Viking territory for that game.

driving home things were timed just right that we could pick up and listen to all of Paul Allen’s radio show on Monday. we’ve always got a good kick out of PA’s calls when the Viking melt down, but it’s also always had a certain smirking laughing-at-you-not-with-you vibe.

but i gotta admit, i have a new appreciation for PA after listening to that show on Monday – he was genuinely funny and gracious about the loss, and seemed to have a reasonable perspective on both teams strengths and weaknesses. much less “homer” than his over-done calls sometimes come across. he played every Packers touchdown call from Wayne Larrivee (Packers radio) followed by his Viking radio call of the same plays for contrast: “The Dagger and the Depression.” and his story about Wayne Larrivee making horse racing references during his calls over the years as a poke at PA was just absolute radio gold.

rivalries are better when both teams might win. Skol Vikings, Go Pack Go.

Attachments:
    1. wlpa.jpg

Ripjiggen

While I don’t 100% disagree, this has been said every year for probably the last 15 years. They might be my second favorite team and I’d like to see them do good if not the Vikes, but the Lions are the Lions.

Been longer than 15 years.

Sylvanboat

Bears fan here: Justin Fields out for Vikings game. Guaranteed loss. If Texans win Bears get #1 pick in draft. Go Texans!!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Heard the Bears are going to draft another QB and make Fields into the next Deebo….. jester

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Heard the Bears are going to draft another QB and make Fields into the next Deebo….. jester

Well that is what Fields is best at, don’t bring up his passing stat lines to Bears fans, they don’t wanna hear it! rotflol

rivalries are better when both teams might win. Skol Vikings, Go Pack Go.

Amen! I must say having been to Lambeau a number of times really changed my perspective on Packers fans. The tailgating and fans at Lambeau are awesome, and worth the trip/ticket alone. Great food, everyone is having fun, little to no serious smack talk, everyone is generous, and even they mock the “owners shares” endlessly. I’m not sure if it’s because of Lambeau’s mystique, or bc eastern WI Pack fans consider Bears their rival, or western WI fans are just tired about hearing from Vikes fans but there is a difference. My second favorite team, is still whoever the Packers play, but a friendly rivalry is perfect for us midwesterners! rotflol

Justin Donson

Totally agree. Their offense is legit, they have really promising/young OL and DLs, and some rising stars on Defense.

Not to mention the draft capital they have. Remember when they traded Stafford to the Rams they got picks in the 2022 draft AND the Rams 1st round pick for 2023. I think everyone assumed that 2023 pick would end up being a late first rounder, but look at how the Rams have imploded.

Lions have two first rounders next draft(including a likely top 5 pick from the Rams), and two second rounders(one of ours). If they can hit on a couple of those picks they will have a great core of players.

I also agree with the sentiment about Packers fans at Lambeau, I’ve only been once but it was a great experience. Fans were accepting of Vikings fans, some good natured banter, but overall seemed like everyone was cordial and ‘fair’. In this case, bad calls were lambasted on both sides. That was the game the Vikes gave up like 3 straight touchdowns to start the game but clawed back into it. We ended up getting a TD called back for offensive pass interference on Dalvin Cook, which I think was like the only PI reviewed play that had a outcome changed, and then a couple weeks later coaches wouldn’t throw challenge flags on PI calls anymore. Either way, fans on both sides were like, ‘hmmm that’s a pretty weak call’.

I’ve also never understood why the Packers ‘true’ rivalry is with the Bears. I think the true rivalry is with the Vikings but they are too scared to admit it, because the Vikings actually beat them fairly often, even with Rodgers at QB. I know it goes back to long ago games/teams, but in the last 30 years the Packers are like 48-19 against the Bears. That’s not a rivalry, that’s complete ownership lol.

Packers are 36-30-3 against in the Vikings in that same span. Pretty close!

Viewing 30 posts - 961 through 990 (of 1,219 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.