2022/2023 NHL/Wild Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• CaptainMusky

We’re not going to rush and create a new thread are we? We were making some good progress the last few days.

CaptainMusky

Probably should start a new one for the draft I suppose or at the very least the start of the free agent frenzy.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’d say July 1st somebody should create one….

CaptainMusky

I’ll be melting in Houston so probably wont be on here much. Oppressive heat there now and lucky me I looked at the extended forecast and its going to be WORSE when we are there!

Ripjiggen

Well how much more demoted can you get than playing 4th line? I guess the pressbox, but he really wasnt given much chance, but yes, he looked terrible when he was out there.

Kind of my point he had options why not use them. You going to sit Foligno? Doubtful.
    I say we hit 241. Time to start new one with the draft speculation. Only fitting that Mel Kiper I mean Joe starts it like last year.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’ll be melting in Houston so probably wont be on here much. Oppressive heat there now and lucky me I looked at the extended forecast and its going to be WORSE when we are there!

My wife just got to a fitness convention in San Antonio this morning. They are supposed to have outdoor workouts! Yeah right. Supposed to be 100 and humid.

CaptainMusky

Mahto, prayers to your wife. THat is not safe. The dang stoplights are literally melting.

CaptainMusky

Kind of my point he had options why not use them. You going to sit Foligno? Doubtful.
    I say we hit 241. Time to start new one with the draft speculation. Only fitting that Mel Kiper I mean Joe starts it like last year.

I agree, having Rossi on 4th line makes absolutely ZERO sense. That doesnt fit his game and will not help him develop or grow his game. Pair him with Boldy. They had chemistry in Iowa. I think it would be fun to see Mojo, Boldy and Rossi on a line. ALl 3 can skate pretty well. That would be fun to watch.

tswoboda

Mahto, prayers to your wife. THat is not safe.

The heat or the fitness convention? Both sound like hell to me but I think I’d choose the heat if forced to pick one

And why the hell are you going to Houston in July?!

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think it would be fun to see Mojo, Boldy and Rossi on a line. ALl 3 can skate pretty well. That would be fun to watch.

Then who does Ek get to play with? that’s the issue imo…our 2nd and 3rd lines are pretty set, Ek played really well with Boldy and JoJo and Deano is pretty set keeping Freddy at 3rd line center…

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Hahahahaha you did it, you really did it! Rumor on the street is BG and Deano come here for roster management advice, which obviously was lacking this year so whenever the switch comes to next year, do some self scouting and come correct boys! #fortheCup

Ripjiggen

I think it’s (dangerous) to give up on him,” Army said. “He’s got a great brain. He can play on the fourth line in Minnesota next season. He’s so good defensively. Some offensive guys can’t play that role because they don’t have the defensive acumen. He can kill penalties. He can play 10 to 12 minutes a night and be good and not hurt you. But that’s not the expectation for him in Minnesota. For him, the expectation is to be a first- or second-line center. (Joel Eriksson) Ek is No. 1 and Rossi is No. 2 at some point.
    What’s the best way to get him there? We’ll see how the summer goes, and in training camp. But he might need more time, and it’s not a bad thing. He’s going to be 22. If he plays until 35, that’s 13 more years to go. If he plays in Iowa until Christmas, nothing is wrong. But the fans and media want him to be there already, that’s nothing. As a staff, you can’t be beholden to that. It’s what you think.”

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    I think it would be fun to see Mojo, Boldy and Rossi on a line. ALl 3 can skate pretty well. That would be fun to watch.

Then who does Ek get to play with? that’s the issue imo…our 2nd and 3rd lines are pretty set, Ek played really well with Boldy and JoJo and Deano is pretty set keeping Freddy at 3rd line center…

As they say F around and find out.
    To me Rossi makes more sense in between the bigger bodies of Jojo and Boldy. Ek makes more sense being the big body net front presence between zuccy and Ek.
    I also think there is nothing wrong with Freddy at wing at times. Injuries can and will happen so going to have to be able to move around.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Ek makes more sense being the big body net front presence between zuccy and Kirill.

They tried Ek between Kirill and Zuccy for the first 15-20 games last year… it just didn’t work out…different hockey brains…

tswoboda

Getting so caught up in lines, soandso has to play with soandso and can’t play with that other soandso. The good teams change lines all the time – mid game or whenever. Thinking players need to get magically paired up and that’s their spot or their line buddy for the year is youth level mentality.

Just getting way too caught up in who has to play with who or what position. Boldy played center half the playoffs ffs. Dallas had like 8 centers in their lineup – this idea there’s no room for Rossi is laughable. Kid just needs to be better and they’ll make room for him. Rask, Pitlick, Jost, etc. all got waived because younger guys like Dewar and Shaw took their spots – Rossi needs to do that.

RE: Addison. If he can be a bottom pair D and add 5% to their PP rate, isn’t that worth it? I mean if they can get value for him in a trade then sure, but don’t just throw him away. Something like the Rasmus Sandin or Ty Smith trades should be the floor for a trade return, otherwise keep him to run the PP and that alone will keep building his trade value. Tyson Barrie was that in Colorado and that’s how they got Kadri in his prime.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

This thread started June 28 last year. That’s when the new thread should start.

tswoboda

This thread started June 28 last year. That’s when the new thread should start.

That was 2 days after the cup was awarded

JoeMX1825
    MN

we’re just talking about centers, Deano doesn’t move them around much if at all…I must have missed the multiple playoff games that Boldy played center outside of a shift or two here or there just to try and find a spark or the power play because we have nobody who could win a draw…

The Wild have NEVER had Rossi play anything but center…that’s the reasoning for the discussion about the 4 spots and the guys who already have 2 of them likely locked up…if they want to move him to wing (I’m not arguing against that idea) then why experiment with that now vs not last year in Iowa? The kid already has a ton of pressure on him this preseason why add learning a new position he’s never played before to the list?

Ripjiggen

Agree TSW.
    So Rossi played 20ish games and sent down and fans can’t believe he was not given a longer leash but Ek playing 15-20 between KK and Zucc and they didn’t immediately gel so we won’t try them again.
    Brains don’t work the same? That’s just plain silly.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Agree.
    So Rossi played 20ish games and sent down and fans can’t believe he was not given a longer leash but Ek playing 15-20 between KK and Zucc and they didn’t immediately gel so we won’t try them again.

hmmm, it seems the coaches thought so to though after they looked so out of sync…unless you know more than them? For like the millionth time, I’m not arguing he didn’t deserve to get sent down, I’ve always argued why not give him some time with Kirill and Zuccy to see if there’s chemistry between them? Our lineup was a mess, wtf did we have to lose at the time? Then the whole he didn’t earn it conversation started…as if this organization is in any type of place to get picky about players earning it, especially at center… Who knows, maybe Rossi at 1C would have sparked like JoJo did playing with Boldy…

tswoboda

we’re just talking about centers, Deano doesn’t move them around much if at all…I must have missed the multiple playoff games that Boldy played center outside of a shift or two here or there just to try and find a spark or the power play because we have nobody who could win a draw…

So you missed games 2 and 3? That’s unfortunate they were good games

Funny how Dean doesn’t mix up lines and now 2 years in a row in the playoffs the narrative is they need to make more lineup adjustments. The good teams are mixing up all year then they can do it comfortably in the playoffs and also easier to react to injuries.

I don’t recall ever seeing a KK-Ek-Boldy line but would love to see that group thrown together at times like chasing a lead or needing a spark. 3 best forwards on the ice together, crazy idea I know.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>
    Agree.

hmmm, it seemed the coaches think so to though…unless you know more than them?

But but I thought KK and Zucc could make any dumb center relavent. Like TSW said if you proves he can play they will find a place to play. Not to worried about who is skating with who.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Funny how Dean doesn’t mix up lines and now 2 years in a row in the playoffs the narrative is they need to make more lineup adjustments. The good teams are mixing up all year then they can do it comfortably in the playoffs and also easier to react to injuries.

exactly! Did Deano change anything? No…that’s why I’m penciling in the lines, Deano doesn’t change…

tswoboda

exactly! Did Deano change anything? No…that’s why I’m penciling in the lines, Deano doesn’t change…

You don’t remember the big lineup blender for game 6? He swapped Jojo and Zuccy lol I’m holding out hope for some positive change this year

JoeMX1825
    MN

I don’t recall ever seeing a KK-Ek-Boldy line but would love to see that group thrown together at times like chasing a lead or needing a spark. 3 best forwards on the ice together, crazy idea I know.

isn’t that called our PP1 unit? Zuccy kind of plays distributor down in the corner… and isn’t the idea to kind of spread the wealth over a couple of lines so 1 line doesn’t get singled out by the opposition’s #1 D pair and shutdown forwards?

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

You don’t remember the big lineup blender for game 6? He swapped Jojo and Zuccy lol I’m holding out hope for some positive change this year

That’s 4 dimensional chess right there!

JoeMX1825
    MN

But but I thought KK and Zucc could make any dumb center relavent.

Sam Steel’s agent thanks you, he still has some name recognition around the league after playing with Kirill and Zuccy for a few months and putting up a career high in points…

Ripjiggen

Do you have anymore excuses of why Rossi can only be in between KK and Zucc or it’s just failure by the wild. jester
    Pretty sure the horse is dead. Maybe one more whack.

tswoboda

isn’t that called our PP1 unit? Zuccy kind of plays distributor down in the corner… and isn’t the idea to kind of spread the wealth over a couple of lines so 1 line doesn’t get singled out by the opposition’s #1 D pair and shutdown forwards?

Yeah good point never worked for Colorado or Dallas the last couple years. Loading up a line with your best players to try scoring goals is dumb, I’ll shut up now.

Just saying it’s nuts we have never seen that combo at 5v5. Did KK-Boldy-Zuccy a few periods last season and they had chances every shift together.

242 new PB oops sorry to steal that glory

Viewing 30 posts - 7,201 through 7,230 (of 7,320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.