2022/2023 NHL/Wild Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• KP
    Hudson, WI

I freaking love Biz!

Hartman is out tonight, Deanno is on KFAN now and just said he’s sitting out tonight for his dumb penalty.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Evason is on PA’s show right now and just said Hartman is sitting tonight and went on to say how irresponsibly he’s been playing and that’s why he’s sitting tonight.

CaptainMusky

I freaking love Biz!

Hartman is out tonight, Deanno is on KFAN now and just said he’s sitting out tonight for his dumb penalties.

Fixed it for you

JoeMX1825
    MN

well its about time…he’s looked slow & disinterested all season (including when he started the season as 1C and got demoted)

This team needs a slap in the face wakeup call, maybe this will be it…Foligno isn’t that far behind Hartman in terms of what he’s putting out on the ice…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

This team needs a slap in the face wakeup call, maybe this will be it…Foligno isn’t that far behind Hartman in terms of what he’s putting out on the ice…

Hartman is frustrating because of all the dumb penalties, but really who on the Wild is really lighting it up this year?

The ONLY player that I can think of who’s playing really well is Gustavsson. KK is doing okay as well, but he’s been a little off lately. That is all that I can think of. Everybody else ranges from “meh” to “friggin gawdawful”.

And I think this is making for some frustration behind the bench and some poor coaching decisions as well. Total own goal benching Dumba for 2 games in the midst of shopping him. He already had very limited value due to his coming UFA status, but benching him for 2 games just totally tanked what value he did have left and as a result he’s staying and we get nothing when he walks at the end of the season. Great move.

IMO the Wild needs to look at what is the best use of the remaining season? Is it REALLY the best use of the season to beat up and bench vets and keep smoking the clutch trying to drag @ss into the playoffs in a WC or bottom slot? And then the inevitable would happen again and it’d be an R1 exit in 4-5 games and another X number of draft positions burned in the process.

I know we’re not going to out-tank the Suckhawks or any of those other nose divers trying to fly the plane into a mountainside for the #1 OAL, but still wouldn’t a top 10 or 12 OAL pick be a lot better than dragging ass into another R1 exit?

CaptainMusky

IDK Grouse, I prefer to watch more hockey than less regardless of it potentially being a R1 exit.
    They arent going to suck enough to move up that far in the draft. This draft is one of the deepest ever so even later in the round and 2nd and 3rd round. We should be able to stock up on some great talent anyway. The only thing would be if you could suck bad enough to get first overall, but that isnt happening. Columbus almost has that locked up right now and as long as they dont lose the lottery they will get the golden ticket.
    There is a chance however the Wild dont even make the playoffs if they dont get their crap together. Right now they are not in a Playoff Spot and there will likely be 4 or 5 teams from the Pacific so they better figure it out quick.

KP
    Hudson, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>KP wrote:</div>
    I freaking love Biz!

Hartman is out tonight, Deanno is on KFAN now and just said he’s sitting out tonight for his dumb penalties.

Fixed it for you

Haha true penalties! Wow that article is really perfect timing! I might of missed it but did they say who is replacing him tonight?

icex

Did anybody really expect this team to be as good as they were last year? Did anybody really expect Hartman, Foligno, Zuccarello and everyone else to repeat or improve upon on the career years they had last year? I certainly did not. This regression comes as no surprise to me. Lets not forget we lost a 85 point year player last year who also made Boldy a much better player so add in Boldy’s regression.

This team is playing exactly like what they are, a team in transition from some older players to younger prospects and it’s not going exactly as planned at that. You don’t have to go to far back in these pages to read where Rossi should be well cemented in the 1C spot by now and racking up the points between 36 and 97 on his way to the Calder. Things don’t always pan out especially with young prospects. Not to say Rossi can’t still be that guy but doubts are creeping in. They are hanging around a playoff spot and I think that is realistic expectations for this team.

CaptainMusky

Haha true penalties! Wow that article is really perfect timing! I might of missed it but did they say who is replacing him tonight?

I havent seen anything so my guess is Shaw as I doubt they will call anyone up. I havent seen anything yet because I am in the office and Twitter is somehow blocked here.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think Kirill has had a fantastic year sofar considering he’s getting 99% of the defensive focus because we don’t have anybody else who can score…I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen him lose his cool more often out of frustration…Our Goalies have been the lone bright spot sofar this season (obviously excluding the first 4-5 games that just destroyed their numbers)

I don’t think anybody (even GMBG) expected everyone who had a career year last season to maintain it moving forward (Ek/Kirill/Zuccy are the only ones who will) but nobody expected a dismal 11 goals total from Hartman/Foligno/Greenway at this point…

I’m convinced GMBG knew this and next season were going to be the dismal ones to get through per the buyouts, but he has to keep his poker face and tell everybody they have a shot at winning and the team is good…his plan is to get all of the young player growing pains/trim the roster fat out of the way these two seasons and then start the push in 2024/2025 towards their cup run window…

The talk of needing to keep Kirill happy so he re-signs is BS in my opinion… i’m sure the roadmap was laid out for him and his agent to see and there’s no surprises when salaries are public knowledge…He’s either going to want to stay or go in 3 years, it’s dumb to try and sell the idea that you can win the Cup EVERY year, you can’t…you setup your team with a window and then try to execute it to plan…if the plan works you stay hired as a GM, if it fails, you get fired…

CaptainMusky

but nobody expected a dismal 11 goals total from Hartman/Foligno/Greenway at this point…

To be fair those guys have missed a pretty significant number of games too.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    but nobody expected a dismal 11 goals total from Hartman/Foligno/Greenway at this point…

To be fair those guys have missed a pretty significant number of games too.

yes, that is very true, but they are healthy now and producing nothing…

its certainly possible that they are all playing with lingering injuries and that’s a factor…that’s then on the staff and trainers to sit guys who are hurt and play those who are healthy..

CaptainMusky

Greenway seems to be getting his game back and I have a feeling that Foligno has some sort of injury he’s playing through.

tswoboda

Didn’t Foligno miss a game recently? Maybe I dreamed that up.

Columbus almost has that locked up right now and as long as they dont lose the lottery they will get the golden ticket.

What?? The Battle for Bedard is a bloodbath right now… like 5 teams in the hunt.

CaptainMusky

Didn’t Foligno miss a game recently? Maybe I dreamed that up.

He was sick, some stomach bug.

CaptainMusky

What?? The Battle for Bedard is a bloodbath right now… like 5 teams in the hunt.

I’ll give you 3, but not 5. Blackhawks, Blue Jackets and Anaheim.

Ripjiggen

Arizona Sharks. Sharks will make some moves at the deadline that will make them much worse.

tswoboda

I’ll give you 3, but not 5. Blackhawks, Blue Jackets and Anaheim.

No Coyotes?! And like Rip said sharks included because of all the Karlsson and Meier trade chatter

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230126_150108_NHL.jpg

CaptainMusky

I suppose those two but they do have more points at the moment but you’re right they will be big sellers and full on tank mode.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

They need a win tonight badly.

Ripjiggen

Bergeiro with BG on KFAN are so cringe worthy. Hartman ask ridiculous questions trying to get headlines and BG just doesn’t fall for the bait.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Hartmans interviews with BG on KFAN are so cringe worthy. Hartman ask ridiculous questions trying to get headlines and BG just doesn’t fall for the bait.

You mean Barreiro?

Ripjiggen

Yeah sorry…To long of a meeting at work and Hartman chatter today. Brain is sizzling right now.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Oh no…..ESPN+ tonight. Which awful commentary crew will we have?

lindyrig79

Kinda surprised Gus didn’t get the start tonight

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

He’s starting tomorrow night.

Another great start tonight.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Oh no…..ESPN+ tonight. Which awful commentary crew will we have?

I can’t even watch it because I don’t get espn plus. #bushleague

lindyrig79

Reavo finally drops the gloves !

JoeMX1825
    MN

Bout time something happened, the Ex was dead…

Viewing 30 posts - 3,121 through 3,150 (of 7,320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.