You know it’s Spring when

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The over night temp is 50 or above and your eyes water from the smell of SKUNK in TWO places between Hager City and the County Road E turn off.

They weren’t dead on the road, but HOLY HANNA was that odor strong!!

Anyone know if a skunk exercises its glands when they wake up from winter much like stretching its legs?

Deuces

Skunk smell in Mpls is something entirely different

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Beads are you suggesting someone was using there fish whistle.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Skunk smell in Mpls is something entirely different

I heard it smells similar to used Keen workboots.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Skunks and redwinged blackbirds. Spring is here!

JEREMY
    BP

I had misquitos in my maple taps

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Jeremy, this threads Debbie Downer. )

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

You know it’s spring when: the pee jug in the garage thaws.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

We had flies all over the south side of the house yesterday. I’m no bug expert, but the damn things somehow came right back to life. If we could just skip the nuisance insects and poison ivy parts of Spring and Summer…that’d be great.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Gah! After my late husband passed I was organizing some things in the garage and I found random jugs of what didn’t look like was on the label. I made the huge mistake of uncapping one to have a whiff…. BAD IDEA! 🤮 Yeah those were pee jugs I didn’t know about. I figured he had just been peeing out in the yard! 🤷🤣

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gizmoguy wrote:</div>

Gah! After my late husband passed I was organizing some things in the garage and I found random jugs of what didn’t look like was on the label. I made the huge mistake of uncapping one to have a whiff…. BAD IDEA! 🤮 Yeah those were pee jugs I didn’t know about. I figured he had just been peeing out in the yard! 🤷🤣

I always just use the back garage door

Sharon
    SE Metro

I always just use the back garage door

We have an 8′ privacy fence in the backyard so I’m guessing he mostly went out back in the warmer months, then used the jugs in the winter so he didn’t have to go outside. 😂 I definitely don’t blame him, but whew! he coulda labeled the jugs – “caution – pee – DON’T SMELL”
    rotflol

tim hurley

The sound of Red Wing Blackbirds, sounds like open water and a wetland that is awake.

ThunderLund78

Sandhills are squawking too, and man does their sound carry. Was doing some work outside and kept hearing one and couldn’t figure out where it was coming from – sounded like it was maybe within a couple hundred ft. Finally found it circling alone – must’ve been at least 600-700ft in the air. Was just a speck.

Bob Bowman
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gizmoguy wrote:</div>

Ish🤢🤮

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

When road restrictions are on. flame

Kirk Charipar
    west central wi

Wife and I took the dog for a walk last night, and my wife had a deer tick crawling on her hand !

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Your at boat launch and watch all kinds of dah wtf mistakes either rookies or people with frozen brains

MX1825

Your at boat launch and watch all kinds of dah wtf mistakes either rookies or people with frozen brains

Well no snow for 2 weeks and people forget how to drive a car. You can’t expect them to remember how to launch or load a boat after 5 months away from the water. doah

JEREMY
    BP

When its 70 on monday and snows on wednesday.

jeff-pb-crappie-16.5
    SW Michigan

You know its spring when the birds decide setting on the tree limb above my truck is the best place to poop!!!!!! doah

Reef W

When the squirrels outside make my dogs bark and run out the dog door every 20 minutes

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

When walking your bird dog takes twice as long as usual because he points at every robin.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

When walking your bird dog takes twice as long as usual because he points at every robin.

Whew! I thought you were going to say when the Wake Boats are out!! crazy

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Whew! I thought you were going to say when the Wake Boats are out!!

Gotta wait a while for that. The engines are not self-draining, so a mistake could get really costly. My boat does have a heater, though. tongue

ThunderLund78

Now that the temp has improved, my neighbor lady has also started chain smoking in her driveway again. If we get a south wind I can smell it in my house sometimes.

To each their own, smoke ’em if you got ’em, but man it’s annoying.

Nice Fella

I can’t answer your original question Brian, but I can confirm we also had a skunk in the ‘hood Saturday and Sunday. Did not have visual confirmation, but the odor is unmistakable.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Now that the temp has improved, my neighbor lady has also started chain smoking in her driveway again. If we get a south wind I can smell it in my house sometimes.

To each their own, smoke ’em if you got ’em, but man it’s annoying.

If she smokes she pokes

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

All the snow is gone and the dog poop thaws and starts to smell but your yard is too wet and muddy for your wife to clean it up. whistling

Iowaboy1

When I spotted the low life neighbor carrying my space heater into the pawn shop.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.