You know it’s Spring when

• CaptainMusky

When walking your bird dog takes twice as long as usual because he points at every robin.

LOL Killdeer and Sandhill cranes are back. That’s when I know Spring is here.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Steve Root spotted vultures!!

CaptainMusky

Steve Root spotted vultures!!

I never realized they migrated, but come to think of it, it has been a long time since Ive seen one.

Brad Dimond

When there is a tom fanned out and gobbling at two hens at the end of the driveway in my first ring suburb.

CaptainMusky

When there is a tom fanned out and gobbling at two hens at the end of the driveway in my first ring suburb.

Yep saw two monster toms fanned out and 6 or 8 hens just the other day. Right in sartell so those boys are safe.

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Here on the beach in Port Aransas, Texas, the Monarch buttreflies have been fluttering in off the gulf the last few days. They’re on their way. I’ll be on my way too in a couple of weeks; hoping to see no snow. smile

CaptainMusky

Here on the beach in Port Aransas, Texas, the Monarch buttreflies have been fluttering in off the gulf the last few days. They’re on their way. I’ll be on my way too in a couple of weeks; hoping to see no snow.

How is the rebuilding coming along down there? They were hit hard was it a year or two ago by a hurricane?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

^ That’s funny unless your one of the owners.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Just saw a 13-lined ground squirrel! 😁😁

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I take the yz 250 out and the neighbors call the cops. Sure sign spring is here.

Ron
    Victoria, mn

How is the rebuilding coming along down there? They were hit hard was it a year or two ago by a hurricane?

It was August 2017. The last 4 years we’ve had to scramble to find a place to rent in Port A, but this year our favorite condo is finally rebuilt and we’re back in it. Reconstruction on some of the buildings on the island is still going on, and there is also a big boom of new construction. The problem is the roads and other public utilities need improvements to keep up. Also, most of the low-income housing such as mobile homes and old, small houses were destroyed. Those were probably under-insured or not insured and those people who did the grunt jobs in town are gone and not likely to come back. Every business in town is advertising for help.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Just saw a 13-lined ground squirrel! 😁😁

Had to look that one up! Bad Sharon!

Attachments:
    1. 13-lined-gf-2.jpg

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Sharon you should’nt pick on the senior citizens like that.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Yeah, listen to Chuck!

Never hear them called 13 lined squirrels. It’s a gopher!!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We have brand new neighbors, and I guess they really don’t like wheelers and bikes. I had the cops called again just beating around the yard. Luckily every other neighbor rides as well as the cops who have to come out that we ride with. When spring actually sets in they are not going to be happy campers

Sharon
    SE Metro

Some people call them striped gophers but I’ve always called them 13-lined ground squirrels! 😊

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Yeah, listen to Chuck!

Where I’m from we called them striped Gopher. Like Brian I’ve never heard them called 13 lines squirrels. Doing a google search Sharon’s name is the more correct. They are actually in the squirrel family.
    See even us old guys learn something new every once in awhile. Someday Even Brian may learn that eating Spam and drinking Hamm’s beer is not a good thing.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Someday Even Brian may learn that eating Spam and drinking Hamm’s beer is not a good thing.

Must be a hah Sartell thing.

ThunderLund78

According to Stan Tekila’s Mammals on Minnesota, Sharon is right! Gophers are something completely different and look more like a mole with eyes than Goldy.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Close enough to spring for this!

But it’s snowing now doah

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20220401_164210589.jpg

Viewing 23 posts - 31 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.