Prior Lake Bass??

• johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

Heading out tomorrow. Where should a guy even start to try and find a bass. This walleye guy doesn’t fish for bass normally.

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

I won a tournament a few years ago fishing a purple worm in and off the timber on the north side point on the west bay.Looked bassy to me!

brunn
    Andover, MN

There are no bass there. Well, 10 inchers don’t really count. But someone once caught a nice smallie near some obvious structure marked by bouys on Upper…

johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

There’s smallies in prior???

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Fish any of the weedlines with a jig worm and you shoudl do ok for bass. be prepared to run throuh a good 10+ 10″ for every 14″ that you catch. You can also make hit docks all days and get into a couple good ones.

There are a ton of fish out there, a lot of them are smaller though so be prepared to sort.

good luck

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

THere are not many but there are some monster smallie’s in prior and they don’t like to bite. Prior is a great bass lake if you know some spots. Otherwise you have to weed through the small ones. There are still plenty of 5lb and bigger on that lake. YOu just need to know the spots. I would fish deeper

brunn
    Andover, MN

I haven’t seen anything over 19″ pulled out of there. Drop me a pm, we can compare notes.

like_mike-ike
    Burnsville, Minnesota

I agree, no bass in there. I’d try somewhere else.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

I have caught a few white bass over the years. It seems like it always happens in the spring. I caught all but one in the bay between upper and lower Prior. Always happens when fishing for crappies with power grubs. They are there.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.