First outing in the boat for the year!

• travp
    Blaine , Mn

Juano and I hit the water for some ice out crappies today. We started fishing in 12 feet of water, and had to figure out what they wanted to eat. After about an hour we finally found the colors they wanted and it was lights out from there! Fish ranged from 10″-12.5″. We had a great time on the water for the first time in the boat, and kept a few for Juan’s grandpa for the pan. I can’t wait til next time, as the warming water temps should make them easier to locate!
    Good luck guys the time is now!

juan_arellano
    wright county - mille lacs

Had a great time chasin crapos with ya trav, lets do it again very soon…

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Nice

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Nice Crappies

Good thing you didn’t get sucked into those whirl pools behind you

travp
    Blaine , Mn

corey-studer

Nice fish guys! Hopefully, I’ll be getting out some where on Saturday. It was kind of weird putting my ice gear away when it was snowing…

Walleyebry
    Isle, mn.

Why even report on your trip? You give no useful information. What Lake, what water temp, and how you were fishing, what they were biting on. Its great that you got out but it would be a “report” if you had some info we could all learn from. Walleyebry NPAA #993

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Metro lake “reports” are always going to be cryptic! Looks like fish are starting to go. That’s all a guy really needs to know.

-J.

Walleyebry
    Isle, mn.

I dont see you whirlpooling any background on your reports Jon. I look forward to reading what you have to say. Lipripper was also good at giving useful info. What happened to Lipripper?
    Walleyebry NPAA 3993

travp
    Blaine , Mn

Quote:

Why even report on your trip? You give no useful information. What Lake, what water temp, and how you were fishing, what they were biting on. Its great that you got out but it would be a “report” if you had some info we could all learn from. Walleyebry NPAA #993

I don’t give lake names. I do my homework before hitting a body of water, and expect others to do the same. By the way, they were caught on hair and minnows. Water temp was 42 degrees.

mnwalleyeangler

Quote:

whats the fun if you know what lake,how deep,lure,color of lure, which weed patch??? i like doing homework and finding fish

mnwalleyeangler

Quote:

Quote:

I don’t give lake names, never will as I like to go back to catch more. I don’t need everybody and their brother fishing these spots. By the way, they were caught on hair and minnows. Water temp was 42 degrees.

i never post lakes unless its mille lacs or the river as everyone and their brother already fish them!

juan_arellano

well it looks like you have npaa # so you should know how to find fish.. would you like to give up some of your tourney spots and what you were using to get the fish on, for us to go burn them up on you. I don’t think you would, get a life spank.

mnwalleyeangler

JUAN,i see this as more of lazy fisherman than fishing someones holes hahahahahahaha!

juan_arellano

I don’t know what to think of this guy..

But Back to the report, the fish were hanging on some mid rang structure.

Walleyebry
    Isle, mn.

Come on now, lets not get personal. All I was saying is that post should be on the bragging board, not a fishing report post. As far as being lazy? I’ve already caught at least a 100 crappies that size and I havent even taken my boat out of storage yet. Not tring to bash, just trying to justify your post being a fishing report. I hope you have continued success in the future. And yes, I do alot of homework before fishing any lake. In fact, that type of info is worth $$$ to me. Dont worry, I am a tournament walleye fisherman, not a tournament crappie fisherman. Thanks for all your replies.

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

Thanks for the report Trav. Thats all I need to know is that the crappie are going.

I should be able to figure out the rest.

There is something to be said for locating the fish and then trying jigs and colors until they hit. Makes for a great day.

I believe I know the lake you were on and the area as that lake has some dandy crappie if I am thinking of the same lake.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.