few Wed fish

• John Shear
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I got out for a while after work yesterday. Sure is nice having more daylight hours. I had to hunt around a lot to find some fish, but I did ok.
    One area was a 15ft trough where I got 6 crappie, a small ‘eye and a perch laying in the bottom. They were very pale, almost white, so I wonder if they just came in from deeper, darker water. ??
    After action there died, I ran around more. Then I came across a crib or brush pile in 20ft at the bottom of a drop-off. I caught 3 bigger crappie within two minutes off the top of the pile so I thought I was on a school. But alas, those were the only ones I could find there. The best one was 12.5″.
    Did more searching with no success.
    Water temp is still 48 to 50 degrees, so it hasn’t moved much from a month ago. It’s cold out there!

John S.

fatguy
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Was that you with the Red Lund and Rod and Gun? I noticed the license plate. Are you the same guy that sends the Cardinal Flight updates by email? Just wondering.

BTW you did better tah I did. I was fishing a spot for crappies that usually produces very well for me and caught 3 smallmouth. All very nice footballs though. That place is gonna be a zoo on Saturday!

John Shear
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Yep, I have the red Lund with the red trailer. And I also do the Cardinal Flight and Crush websites, though I haven’t had much time to keep up with them lately. With my girls in high school now, I’ll be offloading that work.

If you see me out there again, come over and introduce yourself.

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

Do you guys think the mad rush will be over by late afternoon? The Gov should be gone by then, or is he hardcore? I’ll be shingling during the day and hopefully out for the evening bite.

fatguy
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I will! My daughter has been in Flight since she was in 3rd grade, great run organization!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.