Lake Wisconsin This Year

• darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

I am just wondering what people thaught of the fishing on Lake Wisconsin this year? I personally caught some of the nicest fish in a long time from it. I had good success on crappies and gills from the Grove on a variety of occasions. I managed to catch a good number of walleyes earlier in the year (before the bait fish explosion). I also cught more three pound plus smallies than I have ever before. I was mildly disappointed with the Large mouths this year however. I think this is the first time in years that I have not caught a true four pound plus fish in some time. On the flip side, I landed one 38″ muskie and had many more follow ups. All in all, it was a good year of open water fishing, and I look forward to the ice coming after deer season.

On a side note, I was wondering what others found to be successful on there adventures to the lake this year. I found myself catching large numbers of bass on blue devil Brovarney swim jigs as well as mizmo tubes. Near the end of the season, I also found success on brush hogs. For many of the smallies, I worked 1/4 oz Viper jigs in the spring perch color. I tipped this with a zoom trailer. How about you? I am also interested to hear how people caught their walleyes and panfish.

Thanks for sharing
    Bassman

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I did well on eyes through June on crawler harnesses. After that, I got a skunk lodged in the boat somewhere. It must be under the floor because I couldn’t get it out of the boat for the months of July and August. Didn’t catch a single eye or sauger. Gave up on the lake in late August. Couldn’t compete with all the baitfish. Went out Monday morning for a couple hours looking around. Still huge clouds of baitfish wherever you go. Not sure if the fall bite will ever take off. Water is still too warm. Was 49.5 most places I went on Monday. We’ll see what next week brings.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.