Winnebago Chain Hot?

• davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

The lakes should be killer for bass right now. Anyone out there doing any good?

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I don’t think the season opens until May 6.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I just checked to make sure but pp. 5-6 of the Wisc 2006 Fishing regs state: It is illegal to fish for any species during a closed season(incuding catch/release).

I get that question all the time…a lot of guys here think if you are going to catch/release…you can get out there anytime and kinda fish for fun. I know its illegal in Wisc and Mich general waters for sure.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

The Winnebago Chain is open year-round for bass. If fact, my buddies have been fishing tournaments there for the last two weeks. I have been fishing tournaments the last 2 weeks as well on the same river (fox) just 40 miles up-river.

I know they are doing well, so I was just wondering if anyone else is doing good.

BassHog
    Wind Lake, WI

I was there last weekend and caught three white bass off the winneconne bridge on beetlespins and one smallmouth off the 41 bridge on a creme plastic worm with the spinner.

All fish were filleted and ate.

-WhiteBassHog

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

With the BFL heading up there in 4 weeks I’m sure the lakes will start getting busy up there…not that they aren’t slammed with boats anyway.

I wonder if the tournament will be won out on the big lake, the 3 west lakes, or the rivers???

BassHog
    Wind Lake, WI

booms bay iron bridge senkos

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.