which pressure washer?

• onestout
    Hudson, WI

I can’t seem to find the pressure washer I need or maybe there isn’t one that will do what I want. I ordered one online (before I saw the one bearcat was selling or I would have bought that one) that is electric and 2100psi and 1.2 gpm. It doesn’t do what I want…it wouldn’t even take dried grass off the side of the vehicle from mowing. The towels I used to dry the car after washing it also tell me it isn’t getting all the dirt and grime off it? Is there a pressure washer out there that will actually take the dirt and grime off a vehicle? I also want one for washing off the UTV’s after a day of riding and I am guessing this won’t be able to handle that either….

Bearcat if only your post was a day sooner I would have known not to get this one…..also my fault for not asking here first…

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have never been happy with the lite duty electric ones. I love my gas power ones. More psi the better, especially like the one I have for sale that has adjustable pressure so it isn’t all or nothing. Under 3000 psi seem to just not cut it for my needs. I want to wash tools, wheelers, mud trucks, my house and deck. The Dewalt I have for sale is that exact unit. I can crank it up and blast the mud pack off the wheelers and mud truck, and turn it down to wash my composite deck with out hurting it. I have multiple 1 is the Dewalt with the Honda motor that I love but I’m selling. The other is a ryobi with a Honda motor as well. The Dewalt is a nicer unit but I have to get rid of things because I have to much stuff.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

How do you adjust the pressure, a dial on the side or something or is it something to do with the different tips? It is something I am interested in but don’t see much info online about it. It seems like most are 1 pressure and go.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

There is a adjustable knob on the side of the pump.

Coletrain27

If your electric one won’t cut it then try a turbo nozzle on it. My electric one with a turbo nozzle will take paint off things

MX1825

I have a Generac gas model that does most jobs fine. When it comes to washing a vehicle there is no replacement for hot water, car wash soap, a wash mitt, and elbow grease.
    JMO

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I have a Generac gas model that does most jobs fine. When it comes to washing a vehicle there is no replacement for hot water, car wash soap, a wash mitt, and elbow grease.
    JMO

Very true, my Jeep only looks clean after I hand wash it with soap and a sponge. Even the fancy car washes can’t make it look clean
    My pressure washer is gas with 3100psi and 2.5gpm max

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I was using the turbo nozzle, and while it isn’t bad I would like and think it should be able to do a better job. I also agree with the elbow grease, I need to figure out the best way to clean my truck that doesn’t leave swirls and marks. Thanks

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I was using the turbo nozzle, and while it isn’t bad I would like and think it should be able to do a better job. I also agree with the elbow grease, I need to figure out the best way to clean my truck that doesn’t leave swirls and marks. Thanks

Swirls and marks are how you wash it not the washer. But in my opinion the electric ones with the turbo nozzle still suck. You can’t make up for the lack of gpm. The power isn’t there. I have a hotsy at home and that’s the real deal but that’s for the big mud truck, that one will rip the graphics right off the truck. The bigger psi and gpm is the way to go. Unless you spend big money on a fancy electric. The small electric are for the grandma’s washing there out door lawn chairs. I don’t want to take 4 hours washing a muddy machine. I want it done in 15 minutes. Cutting concrete all day I make buildings a mess. So pressure washers are my best friend. I have run them all and have dialed it in to the one a guy should have.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

If your electric one won’t cut it then try a turbo nozzle on it. My electric one with a turbo nozzle will take paint off things

What kinda paint does it take off ? How many gpm and psi is it. The turbo nozzle helps a little but not enough to take paint off anything besides a chipped up rusted out honda civic

Coletrain27

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>

What kinda paint does it take off ? How many gpm and psi is it. The turbo nozzle helps a little but not enough to take paint off anything besides a chipped up rusted out honda civic

it takes the paint off my lawn mower if i hold it close with the turbo nozzle. im not sure the specs on the washer off the top of my head

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Mine is a Karcher 3000 psi. It has a Honda gc190 engine and I’ve been very happy with it. I think any of the units with that Honda engine would be good and there are several priced low.

catnip
    south metro

I have a harbor freight electric 3200 psi 2.1 gal per minute it won’t peel paint unless you hit a bad spot and then it will keep going through. The best ones are the big hot tank ones. Maybe try hooking up to a hot water supply and get a foam cannon for the ultimate lazy man’s carwash. Then just drive fast to dry it off.

Ike Sell

Buy one with. Honda engine! Other consideration is to have multiple nozzles, a soaping option, and having it on wheels. I did a google search for best power washer and bought the one with a Honda engine.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.