Where to go with a wheel house?

• snelson223
    Austin MN

Is there any place besides Lake of the woods a person could pull out a wheel house with a half ton?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Try a Walmart parking lot. Safer there.

snelson223
    Austin MN

Seems like with all the snow and little ice it’s not looking good for awhile for a wheel house.

iTinker

Take a breath, wait 2 weeks, and depth check the ice on lake you want to drop her down at. Smaller shallower lakes will be the first to thicken up. Honestly, you should probably know this stuff if you own one.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Be careful. We walked out in a park here in the metro to the edge of a lake there and on Monday there was 4 inches of water on the ice from melting. Then we got 4 inches of snow! That isn’t going to be a good combination with a lot of the state at or above freezing during the day. A lot of the northern part of the state got more snow this week.

I was up at my hunting property near Hinckley, MN and I had to put up a trail cam where there’s no tree. I pounded in a steel fence post and broke through the frost after about 2 inches. That’s all the farther down the ground was frozen on December 27 under the snow cover they have up there which I would say was 15 inches even now. I doubt the ground will freeze even 6 inches down this year unless we get a major melt followed by very cold weather.

It just might not be a wheelhouse year in a lot of places this year, especially on the smaller lakes where there’s not a lot of activity to show safe travel routes.

Grouse

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Yea I am thinking this will be an atv only year for the house unless things change drastically. almost 40 degrees this sunday? I have 5-7″ of ice and a bunch of water and slush on my local metro lake – sucks to even walk.

Plenty of lakes to go through if that’s your deal.

munchy
    NULL

Try a Walmart parking lot. Safer there.

I dont know….have you seen some most of their customers?!

Sylvanboat

How about here?

Attachments:
    1. image-1.jpeg

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.