Where to Go West Shore Green Bay for Walleye?

• carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

Want to find clean water and walleye somewhere under five hours from Dubuque IA. River is screwed up here for two to three weeks so thought I might pull my boat up to west shore of Green Bay for a couple days leaving 7/9 or 10. Never been there so could use recommendation for specific area, lodging etc. Always wanted to do a spring trip in that area so thought it would be a good chance to scout the area for next spring also. Thought maybe Oconto but wide open for recommendations.

martyb

Oconto is a great location. You will have access to many miles of reef complexes near shore and off shore as long as you have a boat to safely access them depending on weather conditions. You will also be close to deep water if the suspended bite is going.

Jigging, trolling with cranks and/or harnesses should all be good options this time of year.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

I wouldn’t rule out the East side of the bay either. Good fishing around Bayshore Park, Dicksville, Little Surgeon Bay or out from Sturgeon Bay. That way if the wind does kick up you can still get out in the shipping canal or Little Sturgeon Bay. Just a thought.

bla

East shore out of Bayshore Park. We stay at Lipskys Hotel. Caters to fisherman really well and close to landing.

Finnish Minnow
    Wisconsin

I heard Lipsky’s was sold recently. Sure loved their chow. Is the new owner “Fisherman Friendly?”

bla

They sold the restaurant but kept the hotel/bar is what they told us when we were there in May

Finnish Minnow
    Wisconsin

Okay. For the last year and a half or so (up to this May), my friend and I would stop in the bar and order some burgers. We stopped by in May and things were closed and a sign said, “Close for Inspection/New Owner” or something like that.

Thanks for the info!

carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

Just made reservation at Lipskys for a couple nights next week. They said to do hotel check-in at the bar. The resturant is now open under new management. Thanks everyone for the info. Sounds like fishing was slow this past week. Hope it picks up for next week. Anyone have certain areas we should check out based on time of year? Thanks

Taylor Steffens

Anyone have any updates on the bite around Oconto? I’m thinking about heading up there on Sunday.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.