Where are the Wrens????

• CaptainMusky

Yeah, I have Thrashers, Orioles and Hummingbirds too. Thrashers are fun to listen to. They must be in the Mockingbird family.

Gregg Gunter

I heard a wren in Cottage Grove but just once,Saturday or Sunday. Haven’t seen him.

Snake ii’s

Yeah, I have Thrashers, Orioles and Hummingbirds too. Thrashers are fun to listen to. They must be in the Mockingbird family.

The brown thrasher (Toxostoma rufum) is a bird in the family Mimidae, which also includes the New World catbirds and mockingbirds.

CaptainMusky

The brown thrasher (Toxostoma rufum) is a bird in the family Mimidae, which also includes the New World catbirds and mockingbirds.

Cool thanks for the info. I have catbirds too. I just saw a Thrush this morning. I dont ever remember seeing one of those before.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I Guess I better get the hummingbird feeders filled and out along with the Oriole feeder. With the post about blu flu and not feeding birds, I shut my feeders down I think I’m going to fill them back up. I miss the visits from them.

Gregg Gunter

Saw this on Outdoor News, Birdcast Migration Dashboard. Shows how many and what kinds of birds flew over your state or county on a given date. Looks like Dakota Co had over 100,000 birds fly over last night. Catbird, wren, thrush etc. Very cool

CaptainMusky

Never heard of that tool thanks for mentioning it! I looked up Stearns County and only 50 some thousand last night, but Friday night 1.5 Million!

maddogg

No wrens or bluebirds here yet?

CaptainMusky

You betcha Cap’n!

Holy smokes! I just checked that site today and 2.6M birds (estimated) traveled over Stearns county.

Gregg Gunter

This good weather is really bringing them on.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Heard 2 yesterday in Woodbury. First encounters. Dont have any in our yard yet and we always do because of our nice wren house. Hopefully any day.
    On a side note we had a scarlet tanager sit and play around on a limb 5 feet from our picture window last weekend for about 10 minutes. The dogs had to go out and scared it away. Super close and one of the neatest bird sightings ever. It looked tropical.

CaptainMusky

On a side note we had a scarlet tanager sit and play around on a limb 5 feet from our picture window last weekend for about 10 minutes. The dogs had to go out and scared it away. Super close and one of the neatest bird sightings ever. It looked tropical.

Beautiful birds for sure. I saw the first one in my life last year in my yard. Super cool.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

We finally had the Wrens show up at our house. Currently have 2 building nest in the 2 birdhouses. Also have had a few Hummingbirds now show up. For some reason no matter how hard we try we just don’t get many hummingbirds. My wife is bummed about that. She gets really excited when see gets to see one. Had one Oriole show up for a few days at our grape Jelly feeder, but seems to have moved on. I had hoped to see more of them this year. Lots of Cardinals this year for some reason.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Thumper, my folks don’t live too far from you (near Pinecone & 15th), and my mom said that have had a lot of orioles this spring, and they always have tons of hummingbirds. She even texted me this weekend that they saw a redheaded woodpecker, indigo bunting, and 2 orchard orioles–very rare sightings for them!

A pic of the bunting and RH woodpecker.

Attachments:
    1. 20220517_1632251.jpg

2. 20220517_1728551.jpg

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

On a side note we had a scarlet tanager sit and play around on a limb 5 feet from our picture window last weekend for about 10 minutes.

I see them every couple years. They are gorgeous birds!

Viewing 16 posts - 31 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.